PDA

View Full Version : Beall question

Bob Hallowell
01-21-2007, 6:58 PM
Can I buff using tripoli and White Diamonds and Still put lacquer overtop and the buff with white diamonds and wax when it's dry?

Bob

Bob Noles
01-21-2007, 7:56 PM
Bob,

I don't favor that process. Do the lacquer then buff with WD and wax after it cures.

Mark Pruitt
01-21-2007, 8:00 PM
Bob, if what you're after is to enhance the finish after already buffing the piece, and you're wanting to go back and apply lacquer, I would first do a thorough washcoat with naphtha, to get all waxy substances off the surface. Then when the lacquer cures, go through the entire three step buffing process. My .02

Bernie Weishapl
01-21-2007, 10:16 PM
Remember when you put your Lacquer on first don't use a lot of pressure because it will burn the lacquer. I did a piece of walnut just to see what would happen. I buffed with tripoli and WD but no wax. Then sprayed a couple of coats of lacquer. It sure seems fine to me. I definately wouldn't use the wax wheel until you put your lacquer on. Only had mine a couple of day but have been messing with it trying different things with different finishes. That is just my humble opinion.