PDA

View Full Version : New coffee mug needed for a bonehead.......

Mark Rios
01-21-2007, 3:36 PM
The other day while driving over to my kitchen remodel I apparently left my good stainless steel coffee mug on my rear bumper or the top of the bed of my truck or something like that because I couldn't find it after I got to the job or when I got home. It was at least 10 years old and I don't remember the brand but it kept my coffee hot for a long time. When I put in fresh hot coffee I wasn't able to feel any warmth on the outside.

I have another mug, similar in that it's also stainless steel but it's definately not the same. The insulating properties are somewhat less than desirable. My coffee MIGHT stay hot for 30 to 40 minutes. I got it free with a certain dollar purchase of some Big Dog clothes so it's insulating quality is suspect, to say the least.

So....may I please get a recommendation for a high quality brand of stainless steel, insulating coffee mug? I'd like it to have a secure lid and a secure closure for the sipping/drinking hole. I think I remember Thermos brand (?.....or was it Coleman) being the industry standard back about 30 years ago. Remember those bullet proof Thermos's? If I had to guess I'd guess that my lost mug was Nissan brand but I'm not really sure.

Thanks very much for your recommendations.

David G Baker
01-21-2007, 5:45 PM
Mark,
Can't help you on the mug but thought I would add a comment about leaving things on bumpers, etc. I worked in the news business for quite a few years, and as part of a camera crew for about ten years. There was an abusive reporter that I worked with frequently that would set a pair of Varne' (sp) sunglasses on someone's car while he was doing a stand up for the story we were working on. I saw at least 5 pair drive off on the top of cars where he left them. The sunglasses cost him over $100 ea. I played dumb, didn't see a thing.
David B

Doug Shepard
01-21-2007, 5:58 PM
I think I've got the same general type you lost, but not Nissan. But in trying to check, I ran across this.
http://www.zaccardis.com/thermos-nissan-stainless.html

Tom Hamilton
01-21-2007, 6:09 PM
Hey Mark, you might look at Sierra Trading Post, http://www.sierratradingpost.com/eui/Controller.aspx?N=0&Ntk=All&Ntt=tumbler&Nty=1&D=tumbler&Ntx=mode+matchallany&track=true&sid=11045695D2AF, they have some on sale this week.

It seems to me that things falling off vehicles represent poor vehicle design rather operator error! :D

Good luck on your search.

Tom