PDA

View Full Version : Finish Room Size

Jim Fox
01-21-2007, 9:10 AM
Is a room 6'x10' (or there abouts) good for a finshing room?

Neil Bosdet
01-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Hi Jim,

I guess it depends on how and what you're finishing. If you're spraying smaller furniture pieces with good exhaust then you will probably be OK. You need adequate room to move around your piece and really good lighting. If you have a table top that is 4'x6' lying flat that would only give you 1' around each side to work and that sounds very tight to me. I myself need a finishing room too so I'd love to try and make a 6x10 room work. :rolleyes:

Jim Becker
01-21-2007, 11:14 AM
"Size" matters...relative to what you will be spraying. Workpieces up to a certain size can be accommodated by a turntable in a smaller space, but for furniture you'll want enough space to be able to maneuver around the piece without getting hung up on either the workpiece or the room constraints. You also need enough space to get lighting at the right angles. So...6' x 10' is big enough for spraying small projects like turnings, small tables, chairs, etc., but IMHO, would be very inadequate for spraying really large pieces. 10' x 10' would make more sense to me for that...if you can pull it off.