PDA

View Full Version : More Birdhouses

Bernie Weishapl
01-20-2007, 7:34 PM
Here are a couple more acorn birdhouse ornaments. I had some curly cherry and walnut scraps laying around so glued them up. Turned the body out of that and the top is maple. I used the Beall buffing system on them. I have only a couple of coats of satin lacquer on them. Just need to glue the birds on. The picture don't do justice but can't believe the difference in these and the two I did before with no buffing.

Corey Hallagan
01-20-2007, 7:54 PM
Hey those look great Bernie! Nice job!

Corey

Steve Schlumpf
01-20-2007, 8:43 PM
Really good work Bernie!

My wife saw your first one and let me know that I should make some for the grandkids... So, I made one for her - your design - She loved it .... and now I get to make a bunch more!

They are fun!

Jim Ketron
01-20-2007, 9:52 PM
Nice Job Bernie!

John Chandler
01-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Good job - nice looking. How long does it take you to do them start to finish?

Bernie Weishapl
01-20-2007, 11:09 PM
Good job - nice looking. How long does it take you to do them start to finish?

Thanks again everyone.

John it takes me about 35 to 40 minutes from start to finish. That includes hollowing the body, making the top and turning the perch. I use either spray on poly or lacquer on them.

Barry Stratton
01-21-2007, 2:31 AM
Those are really nice Bernie! Well done.

John Hart
01-21-2007, 6:25 AM
I really like your birdhouses Bernie. You oughta open a full line of them.;)

Ernie Nyvall
01-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Cool Bernie... nice job.

Tom Sherman
01-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Gonna be some happy little birds in the nieghborhood. Nice work Bernie

Jonathon Spafford
01-21-2007, 6:27 PM
Gonna be some happy little birds in the nieghborhood. Nice work Bernie

Ya ... if I was a bird that is where I would want to stay (supposing I could fit my lathe in there)... those are really cool!

Rich Stewart
01-21-2007, 6:58 PM
I really like the birdhouses Bernie. I made one a little while back and everybody liked it. I made the mistake of going to a flea market with some stuff and I sold it quick for like 3 bucks. Was desperate at that point because i wasn't selling anything. Might be a good time to bring up the point that flea markets are not good places to sell stuff.

Bernie Weishapl
01-21-2007, 10:22 PM
I really like the birdhouses Bernie. I made one a little while back and everybody liked it. I made the mistake of going to a flea market with some stuff and I sold it quick for like 3 bucks. Was desperate at that point because i wasn't selling anything. Might be a good time to bring up the point that flea markets are not good places to sell stuff.

Rich I did one flea market but will never do another one. I dropped the price of pens down to $7 just to sell something. I sold 3 pens and a regular Christmas ornament for $5. Never again will I grace one of those places. :mad: