PDA

View Full Version : TS Fence Cursor Magnifier

glenn bradley
01-20-2007, 6:51 PM
I always thought HTC and others had a good idea with their magnifier on the fence cursor. Magnifier from HF, $2. Hacksaw and disc sander to fit. Black foam double stick tape. Viola!

Bad photographer, but you get the idea.

Michael McCoy
01-20-2007, 7:48 PM
Thanjs Glenn - that's something that might give these old eyes a break.

Bruce Page
01-20-2007, 9:18 PM
Cool idea, I might have to borrow that!
Thanks

Corey Hallagan
01-20-2007, 10:17 PM
Looks good Glen, nice job!

Corey

Kyle Kraft
01-21-2007, 1:19 AM
Glenn,

Good idea! Now tell me, is that an anti-fatigue mat your'e standing on or is your whole shop floor made of that stuff?

glenn bradley
01-21-2007, 1:35 PM
Sam's club sells packs of 8 or 10, 24" x 24" panels (about that anyway) for about $20 now and again. Their about 3/8" thick and pretty tough. They will critically compress. That is; if you set something sharp enough or heavy enough on them the dent won't recover. they do block heat-loss and take the abuse off the feet in front of my TS, RT, DP and bench.

Better deal than HF or Pep Boys.

Joe Trotter
01-21-2007, 2:14 PM
Sam's club sells packs of 8 or 10, 24" x 24" panels (about that anyway) for about $20 now and again. Their about 3/8" thick and pretty tough. They will critically compress. That is; if you set something sharp enough or heavy enough on them the dent won't recover. they do block heat and take the abuse off the feet in front of my TS, RT, DP and bench.

Better deal than HF or Pep Boys.

Two good idea's you have there Glenn! I was at WoodCraft last week looking for both items. The floor mat was $35.00, and they didn't have a magnifier for my CMS fence.

My wife did buy a 36"X50" rubber backed, carpeted floor mat for me. She got it at Ross for $10.00 but it isn't thick enough. I also have one problem you don't "Zero degree" weather :(

Thanks for the information.

Joe

glenn bradley
01-21-2007, 4:48 PM
Joe,

I got a chill just reading the phrase "Zero Degree". California handicap, third generation. I love cold weather and the snow but around here, we visit it and go home when we're done. My hat is off to all you folks that live and work where there is real weather and keep your sense of humor.