PDA

View Full Version : Well...I got lucky i guess..........

Mark Rios
01-19-2007, 11:31 PM
Earlier in the week Amazon had a computer foul-up and the prices of some items were listed REALLY low....unreasonably low, actually. Two of the items were 10-packs of Bosch 7 1/4" CS blades, 18 tooth and 40 tooth.

I put each of them in my cart and checked out, wanting to see if they would actually go through. This has happened before with a different blade but when I checked out there was a discrepancy in the item listing between my check out page and the items listing page and I really didn't know if I was going to receive a single blade or a 10-pack. I ended up receiving a single blade. It was still a good price for the single blade.

Anyway, this time, the orders went through and I waited to see if I would receive a "Sorry, there was an error......" email. To make a long story short, the "Sorry" email never came but some other stuff happened with a couple of phone calls and stuff and the 10-pack of 40 tooth blades disappeared from my order.

But today, I got a visit from the big brown ruck and what was inside the box?

A 10 pack of 18 tooth Bosch 7 1/4" blades........................for $7.69 :D :D :D :D :D

I"m calling Amazon tomorrow to tell them about the mistake and see what they want me to do. I"m never very lucky but even still, I"m getting something I didn't pay for.

Oh well, maybe I'll go buy a lottry ticket. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dave Lehnert
01-20-2007, 1:57 AM
Years ago I purchased a Dremel tool set through Sears catalog and had it shipped to the store. Went to pick it up and I thought “that box is awful big” Got out to my truck and found they had shipped me a master case of like 12 tools. Took it inside and showed them their mistake. I often wandered how many people would have just kept them all.

Another Sears story. I ordered a large tool chest. The poor kid running the register kept making a mistake ringing up my order. Every time he made a mistake he would take another 10% off. Just about got the top chest for free after he was done. About a week later I got a call and picked up my order at the store. For about 3 weeks after that I kept getting a call my order was in. I guess each time he messed up my order he did not void it. Wonder how many people would have told them their mistake? That one would have cost them big.

David G Baker
01-20-2007, 9:32 AM
I would have had to do a lot of soul searching but would have returned the items as well, that is unless they had really messed with me in the past, then I would have to do some real serious soul searching. I may have even resorted to flipping a coin.
David B

Mike Null
01-20-2007, 3:16 PM
Had a similar thing happen at Best Buy with a dishwasher. Bought and installed one--didn't like it and took it back. Bought a more expensive one and installed it. A few days later I got a call telling me to come pick up my new dishwasher.

They barely said thanks for not taking a free dw from them.

Tom Majewski
01-20-2007, 3:30 PM
Years ago I and 3 co-workers went to Sears for lunch after eating at the mall food zoo. We saw a cordless jigsaw on sale for $9.95. Between us we bought about 8 or 9 of them. We asked the salesman if the price was a mistake ( aound a $40 mistake maybe ) and he said it probably was, but it wasn't coming out of his pocket, and someone should be aound to fix the sign soon.

Had no regrets and it still works.

Paul Libby
01-20-2007, 6:54 PM
My assistant at work was remodeling his bathroom, bought all of his hardware, paint etc., at HD. They failed to charge him for a faucet (a nice one). He attempted to return it to them so that he could buy it. They refused to take it, because it wasn't on his receipt. He did his best to explain that he knew that, and wanted to pay for the faucet. They refused to accept it. He's a good Church going man, but HD simply would not cooperate.

skip coyne
01-20-2007, 6:59 PM
They refused to accept it. He's a good Church going man, but HD simply would not cooperate.

couldnt he have just taken it back and put it on the shelf ?

Mark Rios
01-20-2007, 7:36 PM
couldnt he have just taken it back and put it on the shelf ?

OH NO.....not here in CA anyway. That would be reverse stealing......I'm sure that we have some stupid law here that would have cost that guy some jail time. Better he should have gotten drunk and just thrown it out of his car into the HD while he was driving by at 80 mph. No jail time for that here. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

My hat's off to that guy for being honest and trying anyway.

Clint Winterhalter
01-21-2007, 12:17 AM
Years ago I and 3 co-workers went to Sears for lunch after eating at the mall food zoo. We saw a cordless jigsaw on sale for $9.95. Between us we bought about 8 or 9 of them. We asked the salesman if the price was a mistake ( aound a $40 mistake maybe ) and he said it probably was, but it wasn't coming out of his pocket, and someone should be aound to fix the sign soon.

Had no regrets and it still works.

Sears use to age their inventory and take progressive markdowns. They called it V.O.M. (very old merchandise). I was a DM with them for years. Store mgr were suppose to make sure each VOM item was marked down with each markdown (hoping to sell the item at the best price). Part of my job as a DM was to make sure they marked down the product and had it on the sales floor (employees liked to hide stuff and buy it dirt cheap). I was in Berlin NJ visiting a store. They had three $479.00 cast iron head / stamped steel winged tables saws on the books, marked down to $99.97! The MGR claimed they were never in his store / a mistake. I dug around in his stock room for a few minutes and BINGO found all three of them. Needless to say I bought the saw and got a 10% emp discount to boot! I would tell the store mgrs to make sure they put the VOM on the floor and mark it correctly. I would shop the list with out mercy. I got some smoking deals over the years!

It could be you discovered a VOM deal they just pulled out of the stockroom!

Usually the employees would snap up all the true bargains!

The VOM was one of the best parts of working for them. Before I left I tried to buy one of everything Craftsman every made.. I got Close!!

Clint