PDA

View Full Version : Chainsaw gloat

Gary Herrmann
01-19-2007, 8:44 PM
I picked up a display model Shindaiwa 488. 48cc, 18" blade. I've bought a lot of outdoor equipment from this dealer, so I'm satisfied. Theres a Stihl guy up the street, but I haven't been terribly happy when I've bought from him. Not a knock on Stihl, just the after sales service. And SWMBO would have turned the saw on me once she found out how much a 361 cost.

Going out tomorrow to cut up some pear that came down in the last ice storm. I may have to start trading you guys for different species soon. Even tho I haven't turned any yet, I'm gonna have a lot of pear.

Travis Stinson
01-19-2007, 8:48 PM
Great gloat Gary. You'd better wait until you turn some of that Pear before you go offering it up for trade! ;)

Bernie Weishapl
01-19-2007, 9:03 PM
Way to go Gary. Yep like Travis said you had better wait till you have turned some before you give it away.

Ernie Nyvall
01-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Congrats Gary. As far as the pear... don't waste your time. Now I have some cottonwood that I'll go ahead and trade you, but I'll have to have twice the pear for this stuff.:rolleyes:

Joe Mioux
01-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Gary:

Congratulations on the new saw! Shindaiwa makes really good stuff and is right there with Stihl branded products.

A friend who has two houses in Creve Couer (area) one on east side of 270 at Olive and one on west of 270 at Olive, said he got creamed with ice. I suspect you got hammered as well.

joe

Jim Dunn
01-19-2007, 11:34 PM
Gary wait till the Collinsville show and I'll help you dispose of some of that Pear.:) Cut it up nice and small and make it round sorta, if thats all right. It'll make my turning time much easier. There might be a cupa jo in it for ya.