PDA

View Full Version : Palmgren 12 1/2 inch planer

Dave Boxmeyer
01-19-2007, 2:23 PM
Anyone familiar with this planer? The specific model number is:

Palmgren 84112 15 amp 12-1/2 inch 2 horsepower planer with dust bag.

Amazon has it on sale for $129 with free shipping. I'm in the market for a lunchbox planer - this one is far below what I was expecting to pay (I've been watching the Delta 22-580 13 inch model which is ~$400.

The only comments I could find around here was for the Palmgen lathe, which people seem to like (although most are still waiting on delivery.) Any comment or opinions on the Palmgren would be most appreicated. It's part of their Friday sale - so I'm guessing the price is a limited time thing.

I'll probably pass unless I hear good things. Thanks!

glenn bradley
01-19-2007, 5:05 PM
I don't know why they're so inexpensive. Palmgren is sure proud of their bench top jointer, price-wise. I notice the 13" planer which includes infeed and outfeed tables (extra on the 12.5") is only $179:

http://www.tools-hills.com/Palmgren/

There's one user's experience here:

http://www.woodworking-tool-store.com/productdetails/B00068U86C

Curt Harms
01-19-2007, 8:02 PM
Anyone familiar with this planer? The specific model number is:

Palmgren 84112 15 amp 12-1/2 inch 2 horsepower planer with dust bag.

Amazon has it on sale for $129 with free shipping. I'm in the market for a lunchbox planer - this one is far below what I was expecting to pay (I've been watching the Delta 22-580 13 inch model which is ~$400.

The only comments I could find around here was for the Palmgen lathe, which people seem to like (although most are still waiting on delivery.) Any comment or opinions on the Palmgren would be most appreicated. It's part of their Friday sale - so I'm guessing the price is a limited time thing.

I'll probably pass unless I hear good things. Thanks!

If indeed Palmgren is getting out of the woodworking machinery business as mentioned in one of the reviews, would that make this machine a soon-to-be orphan? Parts could become an issue.

Marc Prudhomme
01-19-2007, 8:03 PM
I am very interested.Anyone else have any experiences or advice on this Product?