PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal?

Laurie Brown
01-19-2007, 1:50 PM
I was grocery shopping in Sam's Club today, and something caught my eye. They have a Kawasaki cordless driver set with some bits, two batteries, and a one-hour charger for $44. Is that a good deal? Has anybody got one of these and can tell me if they like it? I'm in the market for a new driver because the batteries for my Craftsman have pretty much had it.

Mark Rios
01-19-2007, 1:53 PM
I've seen that same drill set at Costco Laurie. They are selling it, as of about a week ago, for $49 IIRC. It seems to be a light to medium duty tool, probably perfect for the home shop. At $44 you really can't go wrong. Does Sam's club have the same or similar return policy as Costco? If so, if it quits on you or the chuck stops working or something you can take it back.

Sometimes the lighter duty tools don't hold up well when they get dropped but hey!, we're not supposed to drop them anyway right? :D :D :D

Laurie Brown
01-20-2007, 1:48 PM
I was hoping for more than one reply before I decided but what the heck. I went to Sam's and bought two of them. Now I have four batteries and two chargers. This one is 21.6 volts, not the 19.2 I've seen elsewhere. I have two of the batteries charging now, but so far I like what I see better than my old Craftsman 16.8.