PDA

View Full Version : ROCKLER SERVICE -- Embarassment

Jerry Bittner
01-19-2007, 10:35 AM
Ethics and fairness require me to amed my original thread about Rockler customer service. I had chastized them for failing to respond to my claim about a defective branding iron.

Long story short, their response got caught by my spam blocker and once I got that problem out of the way, they did everything possible to assist me.

In fact, because I've been a good customer of theirs ( translation -- I spend a lot [too much] on toolsI) it appears they were willing to make an adjustment on the faulty iron but could not find the sales information in their data base. They asked if it was possible I purchased the iron from Lee Valley or someone similar. I WAS EVER SO SURE I PURCHASED IT FROM THEM.

I track all my expenditures through Quicken and decided to do a search by vendors instead of by item as I had done previously, and lo and behold, I purchased it from Woodcraft. EMBARASSED -- RED-FACED, ETC.

I apologized to the Rockler representative and now to the world and proclaim that Rockler does provide good customer service especially to old, forgetful farts like me.

Don Bullock
01-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Jerry, thank you for letting us all know. It's nice to hear that Rockler did respond. Like you, I have spent a lot of $$$$ there and will be spending even more there. As for mixing up the companies, that's not had to do. As a friend of mine says, "Getting old sucks, but it's much better than the alternative.";) :D

glenn bradley
01-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Jerry,

You are a fine and honest man. I applaud you. I'm just thankful that I've never made a mis-stayk. :D :D :D

Roy Wall
01-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Jerry,

You are a fine and honest man. I applaud you. I'm just thankful that I've never made a mis-stayk. :D :D :D

I'll second that!!

You are a stand up man Jerry!! Hang in there,......It's OK!!

Alan Greene
01-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Jerry, what the world needs is a lot more people like you. I applaud you integrity and honesty. We can all learn from it.:) :) :) :) :)

Robert Mayer
01-19-2007, 11:20 AM
I work customer service for a company and those spam blockers can be a nightmare.

Jim O'Dell
01-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Can't complain when it's an honsest mistake. I agree with the others that have talked about the integrity of admitting the mistake, and setting the record straight. I've come to see that a lot in woodworkers, and it's nice to see. Bravo! Jim.

Al Willits
01-19-2007, 12:13 PM
Easy to make mistakes, bit harder to admit them, congrats on doing the right thing.

Al

John Schreiber
01-19-2007, 12:45 PM
As woodworkers, we know that mistakes come with the territory. And we know that the quality of the craftsman, or the man, is often in correcting the mistakes and making the outcome even better.

Good man.

Dave Ray
01-19-2007, 1:43 PM
"Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Mark Twain

Jerry, thank you for doing the right thing.

Robert Mickley
01-19-2007, 4:14 PM
Good show Jerry. Besides look on the bright side, you gave us a good laugh.

Jeffrey Makiel
01-19-2007, 4:44 PM
Well done Jerry. That's not an easy admission to make.

Hopefully they will screw your next order up to make everything even again :)

-Jeff :)

J D Thomas
01-19-2007, 5:39 PM
Jerry,

You're a class act, dude.

Ralph Okonieski
01-19-2007, 7:02 PM
It is refreshing to see such an excellent example of outstanding character.
Thanks !!!

Jim Dunn
01-19-2007, 7:07 PM
we know that mistakes come with the territory.

Dosen't that smack of "Measure twice cut once":o
As a slightly older gentelman (read forgetful) :(I have tried to return stuff to stores different from where I bought them. It can surely make you feel small. But, I think you are a good man for admitting your mistake

Ken Fitzgerald
01-19-2007, 7:13 PM
Jerry..........I've worked in customer service for over 30 years. Occasionally I get called on the carpet for something involving the customer being incorrrect. It's always gratifying when they come back and appologize! Everybody makes mistakes...on both sides......

Well done! An honest and honorable man!

Jesse Espe
01-19-2007, 7:24 PM
Refreshing to see something that's becoming lost to us as a society:

Character.

It counts. Way to step up! :cool:

Cheers,
Jesse

Ken Shoemaker
01-20-2007, 9:15 AM
Well done, Jerry

Jim Becker
01-20-2007, 9:26 AM
Oh, I hate when that happens...:rolleyes: (You know, another episode of CRS disease...I have that happen too often, myself)

'Glad you got things cleared up!

Phil Winn
01-20-2007, 11:14 AM
You are a good man Jerry Bittner-we all can learn from you-
Phil

Ted Miller
01-20-2007, 11:37 AM
I deal with C/S on a daily basis at my job and I am always nice to every vendor I speak with and most of the time the C/S person thanks me for not being upset with them and I always respond, "its not your fault the item was damaged or faulty, I just want to fix the problem". What is that saying about sugar?...