PDA

View Full Version : DC Filter Questions

Greg Cole
01-19-2007, 9:06 AM
Anyone have any feedback about the canister style filters for DC's? I am picking up the JET DC1200CK today and also the trash can cyclone. I've read up on the DC's as there is a TON of info on them. My thinking about a pleated filter is that it should do a better job on the fine particles, but will require a little more effort to clean & restore CFM throughput.
Is it worth it to replace the plastic collection bags with a fabric one? The reviews on Amazon etc... aren't the best sources of info if you ask me. But that is one thing I've read in a few places that helps the canister cleaner longer.
Any other helpful hints-tips etc are much appreciated!

Greg

Ted Miller
01-19-2007, 9:47 AM
Greg, I used a filter cannister before for my old 2 hp DC but it did not catch the finer stuff that kills you, it did work better than the cloth upper bags but when its covered in dust particles its filtering goes down hill right away. The plastic bags are fine for the collection bags and the heavier the mil the better so you don't get tears as easy. After messing with DCs for a while and upgrading to a cyclone it made the world of difference and I wondered why I did not have a cyclone from the start...