PDA

View Full Version : Substitute TS Blade

Mike Hill
01-19-2007, 8:31 AM
I need to send my WWII Table Saw blade blade in to have it sharpened. I have a Tenryu 10" "Miter Pro" 80t that I normally use on my chop saw. Would there be any problem using this temporarily on my Table Saw? At face value, I cannot see a problem, but felt I should ask the question.
Thanks
Mike

Mike Heidrick
01-19-2007, 10:00 AM
It will affect the ability to rip wood quickly while it is on there possibly. BE careful or you may be sharpening the 80T blade sooner than expected. Your crosscuts are going to look great for awhile though.

glenn bradley
01-19-2007, 10:24 AM
I use a Frued 80T as my TS cross cut blade (along w/ WWII as material dictates). Ripping will be a little odd but unless you are doing a lot of work I would think all would be well for long enough to get you WWII back.

Mike Hill
01-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Glenn and Mike: Thanks. I will only need to use it a week or so. I also have a Tenryu ripping blade, so I will use that when ripping.
Mike

scott spencer
01-19-2007, 12:32 PM
The 80T will work, but feedrate will be slower and it'll be more prone to burning.

Sears has the Freud TK306 40T on sale for $17 right now...why not just pick up a decent but inexpensive back up?