PDA

View Full Version : Ridged MSUV or Delta Universal Miter Stand?

Jeff Weight
01-19-2007, 2:48 AM
I need to buy a miter saw stand for my Delta 12" CMS. I was all set to buy the Ridged, then I stumbled accross the new Delta Universal Miter Stand #36-136 at the Borg. I'm wondering if anyone has the Delta stand or has compared it to the Ridged?

You guy are tool nuts, let me know what you think?

Per Swenson
01-19-2007, 6:31 AM
Ok,

I own the rigid.
I went on Amazon to look at the delta.
The wheels are to small.
you can often get the rigid for 99 clams.
Talk to your local store manager.

Per

Norm St.Onge
01-19-2007, 8:01 AM
I have the Rigid which, for me, replaced the older version of the Delta - it travels everywhere with me in my tool trailer. The Rigid is nice, real solid, but also very heavy; with my Makita 10" slider on it it's downright huge. The bigger tires are nice for wheeling it out of the trailer and across uneven terrain at job sites.

I haven't seen the new Delta but my older one couldn't take the abuse of constant transport; fasteners would constantly come loose or shear off alltogether. I think it would have been fine in a shop setting where it was only occasionally moved.

Like Per says above, the tires on the new version are pretty small, not a big deal if this will live in your shop, if you're out and around at different job sites the little tires will be a pain.

The Rigid has a strong following at a couple of construction/contractor forums I visit but they also rave about a stand from Sawhelper (formally AD&E). Portable - but no wheels - and pricey but if you use the saw for production work you might want to check that one out too.

-Norm

Dave Bureau
01-19-2007, 8:20 AM
I have the ridgid and like that alot. Looking at the delta on amazon, it doesn't look like it has support legs on the outrigger supports. the ridgid has fold down legs, which is a nice feature.
Dave

Michael McCoy
01-19-2007, 8:43 AM
I have the new Delta holding my 10" Porter Cable slider and I'm happy with it. It opens and retracts easily with the saw mounted. It's stable and does what I paid for but like a post above, it does have small wheels and I wouldn't want to drag it around a jobsite. I just got it to relieve the normal space problems.

Tyler Howell
01-19-2007, 8:48 AM
I have 2 MSUVs one for the CSMS, and one for the DW 735 Great for both.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=12788

Darl Bundren
01-19-2007, 6:55 PM
I have the Ridgid cart, and it is one of my favorite tools. Sturdy, mobile, well-engineered, affordable. I don't know about the Delta product, though, so I can't help you there.