PDA

View Full Version : Dust collection gloat

Cary Falk
01-19-2007, 1:01 AM
I think I have a pretty good tool gloat. I was looking at buying a Delta 50-760 tomorrow because I thought I would bite the bullet because all the sales were over. Well, I was sitting at the computer and looking through craig's list and saw a listing for a dewalt table saw. I didn't need one but the proce sounded a little high so I wanted to see if there was anything else that came with it. The add said they would throw in this dust vacuum with the tablesaw. I e-mailed the guy to see exactly which vacuum it was even though I had a pretty good clue and if he was willing to part with it. Well to make a long story short, it was a Jet DC-1100A 1.5hp/1phase that is in excellent condition and used very little. So the price was....Wait for it.........Wait for it.....$150. :cool: Maybe not the best price but I am happy and ~$200 richer than I would be tomorrow. I want to replace the bags to 1um anyone have suggestions? No pictures, didn't happen so here it is in my garage 5 hours later. I had to make it up some dicy roads to get there but well worth the trip.

"Gary Brewer"
01-19-2007, 1:47 AM
Cary: Congratulations on your find. I have a Delta 1 1/2 hp dc that looks exactly like your Jet machine. I purchased the 1 micron bags for the Delta from Amazon.com. They help tremendously and I highly recommend that level of filtration. The one's for the Delta probably would work on your machine. There are two 1 1/2 hp delta machines. You want the bags ( first check the size ) for the one with the motor placed like yours. I think they were around $80 two year ago. I could probably find the part number if you need it. I believe than Pennstate also has the one micron bags. They might be cheaper if the size is ok.
Gary Brewer

Hoa Dinh
01-19-2007, 2:59 AM
I want to replace the bags to 1um
Better yet, get the JDS Company 16002 1 Micron Canister Kit (http://www.amazon.com/JDS-Company-16002-Canister-Dust-Force/dp/B0007Y75J8/sr=8-1/qid=1169181698/ref=sr_1_1/002-6533456-3693645?ie=UTF8&s=hi). It fits DC with 20-inch ring housing. I think the DC-1100A has 20-inch ring.

It normally goes for about $250.

At $138 delivered, the deal won't last long. I hope Amazon still has it in stock when you read this.

The kit comes with the canister, a support bracket, and a plastic lower bag.

http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0007Y75J8.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Matt Day
01-19-2007, 8:55 AM
Nice find Hoa!

Cary Falk
01-19-2007, 9:03 AM
Gary, thanks for your help. I think I have found somewhere here in town to get some. I will take a look on Amazon. I' like Delta and the majority of tools are Delta, but if I put Delta bags on my Jetwon't that cause the universe to stop or something. :)

Hoa, that is a great deal on a cannister but a little more than I want to spend at this time.