PDA

View Full Version : first post: New (TS setup)

dave crow
01-18-2007, 6:25 PM
First off let me thank all of you and your great info!

I am a newbie (well some what I have played with wood my whole life, dad is a finish carpenter), but love making dust. I tend to go through phases, on for six months/off for a few. I intended on upgrading my table saw and and really like the Biesmeyer fence. I also have little knowledge in steel working (another hobby), and found some web sites that show how to make a Biesy clone. I also have the luxury of having a couple of them at work. So last week I decided to try to make a fence. Here are the pictures from my adventure! Please feel free to comment.

Keith Starosta
01-18-2007, 6:31 PM
Hey Dave!!! Welcome aboard! :D

Cool TS fence! Have you measured how much deflection you have when applying pressure?

- Keith

dave crow
01-18-2007, 6:36 PM
how much force should be applied? Can you give me some test to put it through?

I am not real happy with the lock down and will redo it. It works but can be better. Saying that, it does hold and is really sturdy (compared to what I had before). I was amazed at how this made my little 9 yo, $100 saw work better so far. How ever it still does not like 4/4 oak!

Dan Oliphant
01-18-2007, 7:40 PM
Welcome Dave, great way to upgrade a saw!! Well done.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-18-2007, 8:21 PM
Welcome to the Creek Dave!

Jim Becker
01-18-2007, 8:58 PM
Darn nice job on that fence, Dave! Welcome aboard!

scott spencer
01-19-2007, 5:33 AM
Great job with the fence Dave and welcome to SMC!

Dewayne Reding
01-19-2007, 6:08 AM
Welcome to the creek Dave,

I'm sure that fence is a huge improvement.

Mickey Elam
01-19-2007, 9:59 AM
Do you have a list of the websites available. That would be really handy, as this is something that's on my to-do list, but I'm still looking at the various options out there.

Karin Voorhis
01-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Welcome and very nice table. now it is important that you do 2 things here.

1. have lots of fun and ewnjoy yourself!!!:D :D
2. post lots of pics of all your projects!!!:cool: :cool: