PDA

View Full Version : Master Machinery Table Saw

Roy Nemmers
01-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Has anyone ever had experience with this brand, I've searched the internet and can't find much information? Specifically the model is a MC-10TA-2. I see it for sale locally for $350. Is that a reasonable deal?

Thanks
Roy

Tyler Howell
01-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Welcome Roy,
Never heard of it:confused:

Bruce Page
01-18-2007, 2:55 PM
Welcome Roy,

I haven't heard of that brand either. Is it a bench top, contractor, cabinet saw? Can you post a picture?

glenn bradley
01-18-2007, 2:55 PM
Welcome Roy. Me neither. Maybe this is someone's local name on an import? You can get "known" equipment in that price range.

Ted Miller
01-18-2007, 3:51 PM
Master has been around for years and they mostly make industrial machines like 3 spindle shapers, large planers and for the most part all of the items I have seen as auctions from Master have been 3 phase, I have seen 20" Drill Press, Table Saw, 12" Jointer and they do look very well made. I can't say I have seen any of these machines running and they are sold for decent prices...

Ted Miller
01-18-2007, 3:54 PM
Forgot to add that most of the stuff I saw was built in the late 80s...

Cliff Rohrabacher
01-18-2007, 3:55 PM
you mean the one on Craigslist?

Looks OK.

Roy Nemmers
01-21-2007, 12:38 PM
Wow, thanks for all the quick replies, sorry I didn't get back sooner I've been battling bronchitis and forgot to check back. Yes it is a cabinet saw and is the one for sale on craiglist. I think I will give the guy a call and run up and look at it. I have a bunch of questions on how to evaluate a saw, but I think I will do some searches first.

Roy

Britt Crowell
11-10-2010, 12:12 PM
I've been using one of these for more than 20 years. It is/was my grandfathers. His is a model MC-10TA-1 SN: 5147
This is the only reference to this table saw I could find on google with any real information.

I was using it the other day and noticed that it didn't spin up to full speed till about 4-5 seconds just as I was getting a piece of 3/4" ply up on the table. Then all of a sudden it jumped up to full speed. At that time I noticed a ozone electrical smell too. :-(
So I stopped everything and proceeded to trouble shoot the issue.
Way too much saw dust built up over the years.
After a cleaning of the cabinet and some blowing of compressed air I spun her up again, with no luck. Wouldn't even kick up after a few seconds anymore.
So I pulled the side off and it had a lot of saw dust in it to covering the motor.
Went at it again with the air and it was messy still. Still didn't have any luck.

So I pulled the motor out.
3HP 240V and HEAVY! 70lbs
The motor is connected by 3 belts to the saw blade.
The belts were in really bad shape. So I plan on changing them too.
Sanwu brand A-25
Looks like A-25 is a standard 27" belt even though these measure 26 1/4.
Also there really isn't enough clearance to get the belts in and out to go on the top pulley without forcing them in. Maybe the old belts are so hard and new belts are softer and will be easier to get in the small clearance to get on the top pulley.

Looking closer at the motor, it looks like I may have blown the centrifugal switch loose from the shaft. So its not properly engaging disengaging the motors start windings and engaging the high speed windings? Maybe all the caked up fine sawdust was causing this problem before too.
This is all new to me and I'm just guessing with the little bit of reading I've done online.
To make it worse when I went to tighten it back on the shaft, guessing where it was best to go, tightening the set screw cracked the ring of the switch mech. Was thinking about JB or RTVing it on the shaft too. RTV sounds like easier clean up if it turns out not to be the only problem

I know this is long and I'm digging up and old thread. But any help would be appreciated. I can get pictures too. Maybe it will all help someone in the future. Its possible that my Grandpaw may have a manual somewhere in the shop too. Guess I look for it next time I'm there.

Thanks
Britt