PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Trip Results **PICS**

Ken Salisbury
11-22-2003, 7:51 AM
My oldest Son (Mike) took my13 year old Granddaughter (Sarah) on a week long hunting trip to the Stokes Ranch in Texas (historically know as “2 Wells Ranch”) a couple weeks ago. She managed to take a few animals and humiliate most of the adult males on the trip. She took 3 white-tailed deer (5 pt, 6 pt & 8 pt), an Axis deer, a black buck antelope and a Dall ram. The Dall ram and the Axis deer both make the Texas record book. The antelope scored 124 and four eighths (Bronze record book). The ram scored 94 and one eighth (Gold record book).

This was Sarah’s first major hunting trip, although she has been hunting and shooting locally for quite some time. She has developed into an excellent marksman and hunter. She took 7 shots on the trip and recorded 6 kills. (I will have to talk with her about that 1 miss :D ) The shots were as follows:

Blackbuck antelope - 135 yards
5 point whitetail - 160 yards
6 point whitetail - 145 yards
8 point whitetail - 80 yards
Dall ram - 135 yards
Axis deer - 180 yards

Grandkids can sure make proud Grandparents. ! ! ! ! ! !

Attached are pictures of the 6 taken animals:

Todd Burch
11-22-2003, 8:17 AM
HOLY COW!!! That's a whole lot of sausage!

Be proud Ken! Todd.

Tyler Howell
11-22-2003, 8:41 AM
She's a cutie Todd.
No one is more respected than a woman with a gun.;)
Nice job all around.

TJH

Tyler Howell
11-22-2003, 8:45 AM
[QUOTE=Tyler Howell]She's a cutie Todd.
No one is more respected than a woman with a gun.;)
Nice job all around.

TJH
Sorry Ken I was typing fast than thinking.

T.

Brad Schafer
11-22-2003, 9:03 AM
boy ken, you weren't kidding. some serious take - and some good shooting.

b

Don Abele
11-22-2003, 9:59 AM
Ken, I'll echo Todd - holy cow!!! I've been hunting all my life and have never come away with half that many animals after a whole season of hunting (and I hunt with firearms, blackpowder, and bow). Amazing. That's something she really can be proud of - especially also considering the range these were taken at. Congratulate her from us and I hope you get to enjoy the tastier rewards of her efforts.

Be well,

Doc

Von Bickley
11-22-2003, 5:14 PM
Ken,
Your grand-daughter has done better than most grown men that I know.
I know that will be a great trip for her and her father to remember.

Edit: How did Mike do?

Ted Shrader
11-23-2003, 10:16 AM
Ken -

Congratulations Grandpa! Some of your training must have worn off and been passed along. Please extend our congratulations to Sarah on her successful outing and excellent marksmanship.

Regards,
Ted

Lowell Kinzer
11-23-2003, 12:40 PM
Ken,

Looks like she'll have some good eatin' for quite a while. I'm in awe of her performance and offer a tip of my hat to the little lady.

If it's not too much trouble, what caliber(s) and cartridge(s) were used?

Cheers,

Lowell