PDA

View Full Version : Jet table saw electrical connection help

Trey Isbell
01-18-2007, 2:28 AM
How do you hook your tablesaw up to a dedicated outlet when it is in the center of the room. I am having problems trying to figure the best way without the cord getting in the way of my work. My jointer is on a wall so I had no problem there. The router table is also built in to my cabinet saw so there is another hookup issue any advice would be helpfull thanks.

Hoa Dinh
01-18-2007, 2:38 AM
Drop a power cord from the ceiling at the right corner of the saw. The outlet should hang about 12" above your head.

Install a power strip under and along the right side of the TS extension. The cord of this power strip plugs in the overhead outlet.

The power strip will supply power to the TS and the router.

Trey Isbell
01-18-2007, 4:44 AM
my table saw is 220 and my router is 110 so I am going to have to drop two lines

Hoa Dinh
01-18-2007, 3:50 PM
There is a way to drop only one line for both 240V and 120V. It may or may not be code-compliant, however.

I would just drop two lines.

glenn bradley
01-18-2007, 5:32 PM
My TS is just off center in my shop. The right side (my RT is on the left) is no-man's-land; electrical runs, DC hose, overarm blade guard/DC mast and the protection therefor between the front and rear of the saw. I used the limit of my fence plus room for the list mentioned to determine how close to the wall I can get. Nothing needs to reach beyond there anyway so, no problem, no overhead danglers, etc.

Post #5 here gives the general idea:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=46933

Bill Brady
01-18-2007, 6:33 PM
You can buy a cord cover at any office supply store. These cover the cord and only leave a small mound on the floor that is not a trip hazard and can be swept over.

Trey Isbell
01-19-2007, 1:48 AM
thanks for the help.

glenn bradley
01-19-2007, 10:42 AM
What Bill said. Even though there is very little room to walk by the right of my saw as posted earlier, I do use a cord cover.