PDA

View Full Version : Drawing table

Thomas Prondzinski
11-22-2003, 7:45 AM
Any one out there have plans or have built a drawing table,possibly with tilt top.My son is into drawing and would like to possibly build one for christmas. Thanks

Tom

Todd Burch
11-23-2003, 2:11 PM
Hi Tom. I can only help with pictures - and no - I did not make this. I was in a Restoration Hardware store in Ohio a couple years back and took these photos. I liked it so I took pictures of it. Hope they help and inspire you. Todd.

Carl Eyman
11-23-2003, 7:00 PM
Thomas:

Have you looked at the piece Woodsmith had a few years ago? It can be used as a desk, with adjustable height legs and the top can be tilted for art work or such. For drafting one would probably have to fasten a commercial board to it as the molded edges would probably not accomodate a "t" square. I don't have the issue here with me - it's at the shop - but if you can't find it on their web site, let me know and I'll look it up.

It had two side drawers. Since my granddaughter was about six when I made it, the adjustrable legs come in handy now that she's 17.

Carl

Carl Eyman
11-24-2003, 1:15 PM
It is issue 31 of Woodswmith. This site shows a picture of it, but not in its "tilted top drafting mode" I looked at my copy this am and the article does show it in that mode, but I have no scan capability. Look at this site for an idea of what it is http://store.yahoo.com/backissuesstore/wsback31.html

Carl