PDA

View Full Version : My "Shop" and tool gloat

Alan Greene
01-16-2007, 9:13 PM
In the spirit of Pictures here are some of my shop (garage). The LOML spoiled this Christmas with the YC8J jointer, Lee Valley shoulder plane and cabinet scraper, Bench Dog table saw router extension, board buddies, and some other goodies. I am waiting on the Shark to arrive.

I want to thank everyone for their help and advice on set-up of my table saw extension wings. It is now set within .005. The advice on metal tape as shims worked very well (Thank You Glen).

I am finally able to get out in the shop after surgery earlier this year and I am really looking forward to getting some projects completed. I am also very impressed with the creek.

The advice and projects I have seen here are outstanding and I look forward to making many new friends.

Jim Becker
01-16-2007, 9:18 PM
'Glad to hear you're going to be spending time out in that very nice looking shop!!

Roy Wall
01-16-2007, 9:25 PM
Alan,

That wife of yours is a keeper! Glad you are back in the shop....have fun and be safe.

Great looking shop......I like that Bench Dog Setup~:)

Bruce Page
01-16-2007, 9:30 PM
Alan, you must have been a very good boy last year!
Nice shop!

Corey Hallagan
01-16-2007, 9:38 PM
Alan, nice looking set up! I am curious, what do you think of the Hitachi band saw. Is that a 10" or 12" model.. motor HP?

Corey

Tim Malyszko
01-16-2007, 10:12 PM
Nice shop. As stupid as this sounds, I envy the floor. Does it get slick with sawdust or is traction fairly decent?

Alan Greene
01-16-2007, 10:28 PM
Corey,
Hitachi claims it as a max developed 1 hp. It has a 12" throat. It will take 1/8 thru 1/2" blades. I have been unable to find any way to add any height extension, so I am limited to a 5" re-saw capacity. The saw does not seem to have a lot of power, but for small projects is OK.

Tim,
When we had the floor painted we had some sand added to increase traction. We have not had any problems with any slips even with sawdust on the floor, or wet from rain etc.

Larry Fox
01-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Very nice shop Alan - seems to have everything you need. One more thread to convince me that pics of my shop will never grace the pages of this forum - it is filthy 99% of the time. :)

Mark Carlson
01-16-2007, 10:52 PM
Alan,

Give us a review on the shark guard when you get it. Nice shop. I like that jointer.

~mark

Corey Hallagan
01-16-2007, 11:59 PM
Thanks Alan. What do they get for that saw?

Corey

Pete Harbin
01-17-2007, 5:06 AM
Nice shop Alan, and congrats on the Christmas haul!

Pete

James Suzda
01-17-2007, 7:42 AM
That Delta DC must do a great job because I cannot see one speck of sawdust anywhere except in the bag. <GRIN>
Nice shop!
Jim

J. Scott Chambers
01-17-2007, 8:00 AM
Nice setup, interesting placement of your tablesaw.