PDA

View Full Version : Bar ideas

John Branam
01-16-2007, 1:34 PM
I am going to be building a bar in my basement rec room and I need some ideas for the design. If you have a picture of a bar you have built could you post it or direct to a web site that might be of help. The bar will end up being about 8' long and built into an alcove area. I plan on including a wine rack. The bar will extend out from a wall to a metal support column that i wll work to build the bar around and hide the support as it extends to the ceiling

Per Swenson
01-16-2007, 6:57 PM
Hi John,

This is our basic residential bar.

Mahogany, frame and panel.

Customer picks the top.

Mini fridge, sink, and beer taps optional.

Per

Rob Bodenschatz
01-16-2007, 7:08 PM
Per.

Outstanding.

As usual.

Robert Goodwin
01-16-2007, 7:09 PM
That is a nice looking bar. When the kids are old enough to not need a playroom, it will become my bar. My other hobby is Homebrewing, so I have been dreaming of a homebuilt bar with some homebrewed beer. ;)

Travis Hirst
01-16-2007, 7:14 PM
Couple of pictures of the bar I built for our house. Not as nice as the previous post but it was my first ww project. Also not the best pictures but you get the idea.http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=49824

Jeff Fritzson
01-16-2007, 7:37 PM
Hey Per,

What are the dimensions from each wall to the end of the bar? I am wondering as I have a tight space for something that large but it is hard for me to tell the scale of the one you posted.

Thanks for any info you can or care to share.

Jeff

Per Swenson
01-16-2007, 8:01 PM
No Problem,

Foot print is L shaped 4x8.

Top is 56x106.

Brass rail extends 7 1/4.

We kinda frown on smaller.

This size allows for most any option under the bar.

And if ya are going to entertain, drink and spend the money,

treat your liver in style.

Per

Fred Voorhees
01-16-2007, 8:05 PM
John,

Here is the address of my bar room construction project that I did in my home a few short years ago. Included are some pictures of the bar that I built. Nothing extremely fancy, but I thought you might want to take a look.

http://leatheruppers.blogspot.com/2005/03/bar-room-construction-project.html

Jack Hogoboom
01-17-2007, 4:30 AM
Per,

I'm finishing my basement right now. What would one of those beauties cost? I'm right in your back yard....

Jack

Per Swenson
01-17-2007, 9:37 PM
Jack,

Alot.

Send me a e-mail.

Per

Chris Bolton
01-17-2007, 10:10 PM
Couple of pictures of the bar I built for our house. Not as nice as the previous post but it was my first ww project. Also not the best pictures but you get the idea.http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=49824

I can't stop laughing to myself that off all the possible things for a first time woodworking project that you picked a bar! :)

I think it turned out pretty well, all in all.

Joe Chritz
01-18-2007, 1:42 AM
I am glad to be back. Been a while without posting.

That said, I don't have pictures handy but I simply built a construction lumber frame and trimmed it out in tongue and groove pine to match the rest of the stuff down their.

Find what you want for a keg cooler if you plan on kegging your homebrew (highly recommended) and build around that. I ended up with a wine cooler that holds two corney kegs nicely.

Now I wish I would have built a frame and panel bar but now it would look out of place.

It is a simple 8 foot straight bar. Let me know if you want and I'll grab some pics of the front and back.

Joe

John Branam
01-18-2007, 7:53 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone.