PDA

View Full Version : Shop Gloat

Chris Jenkins
01-16-2007, 1:11 PM
I've been updating my webpage regularly now for a few weeks including the progress of the shop. At this point I'm considering the shop open for crafting. Here is a teaser shot:

The rest of the news can be found at my website: http://unkis17.googlepages.com/index.htm

(use the navigation bar and click the news blog to see what I've been doing. I recently re-wrote my turning section as well as have been updating the shop contruction blog on a weekly basis)

Chris

PS, thanks for shedding some light on the link Jim, Made an edit...

Glen Surwillo
01-16-2007, 3:36 PM
Chris,

Just curious if you still live in Sycamore? I live in DeKalb so we are neighbors. Maybe I will run into you at Hardwood Conection or Kirkland Saw Mill. I have not been to the Saw mill yet.

Thanks,

glen

Jim Becker
01-16-2007, 8:49 PM
Chris, posting a link to your site is not against SMC rules. You just can't put it in your signature... ;) So put it in the body of your post! (as well as in your profile so it's available to anyone clicking on your name)

Jim
SMC Moderator

Chris Jenkins
01-17-2007, 9:25 AM
Glen,

I moved out of Sycamore a few months back and had house built in Cortland. Though I left my profile as DeKalb, IL as more people know DeKalb (thanks to the college) then Cortland (a town of 2500 people).

I used to live only 5 minutes from Hardwood, hence why I moved to Sycamore. Ken Birch is good people, it's always a treat to stop in and say hi.

Funny yet, I used to live out in Lindenwood before Sycamore, about 10 minutes from the mill! I can tell you Hardwood and the Mill are two different types of atmospheres. You should go in an check it out. I've been in there a few times and they have some cool stuff too. The only reason I haven't been back there lately is cause Ken is closer and I know his hours by heart. The mill is closed by the time I get off of work...

Bart Leetch
01-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Someone has a serious powermatic colored problem.:eek: :D I guess it a problem everyone would like to have.

Roy Wall
01-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Good lookin shop!! Lots of GOLD in those hills.........

Don Bullock
01-17-2007, 10:57 AM
You need sunglasses to work in there with all that white and gold.;) :D Beautiful shop.

Chris Jenkins
01-17-2007, 4:01 PM
Yeah it was getting a bit too bright (an bland) in there with the ultra white walls and the 8' high output flourescent light, which is why I decided to leave those few pieces of pegboard unpainted (unlike in the hand tool area).

Once I get some good dust in there that will help dull the shine.

Brad Noble
01-17-2007, 4:32 PM
Uh Chris, I think their talking about your affection for (Powermatic) gold and (Jet) white. Seems you like their products. Course, I do too.

Brad

Tom Henry
01-17-2007, 5:05 PM
Powermaticman to the rescue...