PDA

View Full Version : Weekend doin's??

Bob Lasley
11-21-2003, 9:22 AM
Good Friday Morning Folks,

The sun is shining here in Okieland, but is probably the calm before the sun as I understand a Canadian Norther is on it's way. Oh well, good weekend to be in the shop working on Christmas projects, which is exactly where I intend to be. Wouldn't want to put the pressure on anyone, but there are only five weekends left before Xmas!! :eek:
I am currently working on an oak tool chest for my son's gift.

Soooo.........what's happenin' around your homestead this weekend?

Have a great weekend all,
Bob

Steve Jenkins
11-21-2003, 9:37 AM
I've got three tables to get finished to deliver on Monday. I'd hate to see folks eating Turkey off the kitchen counters. Steve, who will be here if anyone wants to stop in.

Sam Chambers
11-21-2003, 11:40 AM
Well, the back still isn't well enough for any shop time. Good thing it's a big football weekend! Ohio State vs. Michigan on Saturday, Browns vs. Steelers on Sunday!

Bud Duffy
11-21-2003, 12:10 PM
No shop time for me the next 30days as i am getting on an airplane saturday mornin and flying to upstste New York ( Ithaca area) ,unless my brother will alow me in his shop :rolleyes: . So everybody have a happy and safe turkeyday.

Scott Coffelt
11-21-2003, 12:17 PM
My son turned 4 yesterday, so we have Lunch and then Dragon Tales Live on Saturday and a family B-day party on Sunday. Football games and hopefully a little shop time, but I won't count on it. I am off all next week, so I can make up for it next week.

Mike Evertsen
11-21-2003, 12:27 PM
in the shop all weekend working on getting the entertainment center done,,,,,

Tyler Howell
11-21-2003, 2:05 PM
I'm going to shop till I drop, then stay in the shop all weekend, coming out only for nourishment . Thanks to the Creekers’ input I'll be picking up my new DeWalt 735. Can't wait another minute.
While I'm there I’ll have them load up my new Makita 10' CMS.

Merry Christmas to me!

Taking a hand plane construction class at Rockler. Have to finish up my homework
Stand back the dust is going to fly. :cool:
Tyler

Ed Falis
11-21-2003, 4:41 PM
Going to try to finish (in both senses of the word) a kitchen island I've been working on.

- Ed

Steve Clardy
11-21-2003, 7:21 PM
Will be sanding and spraying the second coat of white lacquer on a set of doors for a kitchen cab set I installed last week. Pleaaasee kick me if I EVER take on another kitchen cabinet job that calls for painted cabinets.
No rest for the wicked they say. lol
Steve

Kirk (KC) Constable
11-21-2003, 8:15 PM
I won't get anything done this weekend, because we'll be on the road bright and early Saturday to Kansas City to drop off my oldest daughter's wedding rocker, which I didn't get to deliver last year when she got married because we were working 14 hours a day to get the SBC Center tables built. As it turns out, she may be enjoying it alone as the short marriage is very much on the skids. :(

After a Sunday with her, we'll motor on over to Iowa Monday to see her sister and the new grandbaby, and to visit with my ex-wife and one-time best buddy (who is now her husband). In fact, we'll be staying at their house. Jean thinks this is a wonderful idea in that it'll save us a couple hundred bucks. Hmmm. We'll be driving home Thursday, because even tho I'm really a pretty easy goin' dude, I'm not gonna do Thanksgiving with them. A man has to draw the line somewhere. :rolleyes:

Happy next week to everyone...

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
11-21-2003, 10:31 PM
I've got two chairs to rush and the front yard to rake. The two big magnolias have dropped ther pods and most of their brown leaves. The pods burrow down in the grass and the leather like leaves won't mulch so it is a bear to rake them. Only idiots would plant magnolias anywhere but in the pasture.

Byron Trantham
11-21-2003, 11:24 PM
Pretty much getting ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Have to prepare three boards for some projects I am working on.

Waiting for our daughter-in-law to deliver our first grandson. The poor kid is due any minute....

Waiting, still waiting.

John Miliunas
11-21-2003, 11:32 PM
Going to try and do some preliminary prep work for the DC system. The vendor I ordered the fittings from over a week ago, never bothered to tell me the Wye's weren't even in stock! May joint and plane up some Oak I have and use it for making some miter saw tables. Need to start planning out the outfeed/router table for the TS, as well. Just a few "Honey do's" for this weekend. Hope you all have a super weekend! :cool:

Jim Becker
11-21-2003, 11:33 PM
Other than a few errands, I'll be in the shop for most of the weekend...I didn't get to see the sun shine all week in Vegas due to non-stop meetings, so I'll enjoy the great outdoors for a few minutes, too. Noah and Tom are reportedly coming for a visit on Sunday, and I'm looking forward to spending some time with these great folks!

Todd Burch
11-22-2003, 12:39 AM
Saturday I'll go give a bid to one of our church's pastors for some interior work... maybe I can get some of that tithing money back.

Then, go set some cabinets that I couldn't set today BECAUSE I FORGOT MY STUPID CHALK LINE. DUH.

Then, start on some bookcases and do some more design work on some other built-ins in the queue. If I'm REALLY feeling my oats, I'll change the blades on my Parks 12" planer. Yuk. I'd rather just buy a new machine. For additional fun, I'll clean the cartridge filter on my cyclone dust collector that my wide belt sander CLOGS UP AFTER ONLY 3 MINUTES OF RUNNING. HELLO?

I think I'm about due for another splinter. It will probably get all festered too. Maybe I'll just stay in bed tomorrow.

Todd.

Thomas Prondzinski
11-22-2003, 7:39 AM
Going to Medford Tigers state football championship game sat. in Metrodome.Go Tigers. Spraying Mission desk, so I can assemble tommorrow and deliver first part of next week.Sunday finish up display shelves so I can install next friday.

Go Tigers

Tom

Phil Phelps
11-22-2003, 8:16 AM
...so, gotta start packing after 29 years in the same house. Should close inna few weeks on another house. Nice weather in Dallas, gotta take advantage of it. The other home needs a little work, about three years worth!!!! :rolleyes: But, I'm not buildin' anything 'till after closin'. Have a great weekend all ;)