PDA

View Full Version : TORMEK Gloat

Gary Keedwell
01-15-2007, 6:32 PM
:D Well, went to Woodworks Show Saturday in Springfield Ma. and closed it down. LOML and I were the last ones out the door. The reason: Tormek demo guy was fielding all my questions and he showed me how to do a bunch of stuff. Showed me how to use the new wheel dresser( TT-50 diamond truing tool) and how to sharpen a chisel with a secondary bevel ( 3º).
Well, with LOML's knowing nod, I finally pulled the trigger. I got the Show's $60 off so it made my decision to go Tormek instead of Jet alot easier. Might as well go with the original....Didnt want the nagging thought of buying the Jet and wondering for eternity whether I made right choice. $ 60 bucks off put me over the edge, I guess.
I know, I know...it didn't happen without pictures...but they are going to ship it to my house with NO shipping fee!!! I also got the Cabinet Maker's Accessory Kit CMK-104.
After googling it for years....can't wait to get my hands on it!!!

Gary K.

Don Bullock
01-15-2007, 7:01 PM
Congratulations. I'm lookig forward to seeing the pictures.

Gary Keedwell
01-15-2007, 7:39 PM
Yea, if I can figure out how to do it:confused: LOML also sneaked a Fuller brad point set ( 11 piece with wooden box and stops) out to the truck when I wasn't looking. Was gonna give it to me for Valentines day but couldn't wait. lol Think I'll keep her!!!
Maybe I'll get her a Festool sander for Valentines....Hmmmmm

Gary K.

Joe Mioux
01-15-2007, 8:45 PM
i don't see no Tormek!

Gary Keedwell
01-15-2007, 9:01 PM
i don't see no Tormek!

Patience my man...Patience. I'm feeling giddy..got no tools for Christmas:(

Mike Cutler
01-15-2007, 9:09 PM
Ahh.... Another Springfield Spree buyer.:D I bought the 11 piece Fuller set also. Nice bits. The people running the booth were very knowledgable.

I watched the Tormek guy for awhile on saturday. Nice Guy, very informative. Nice system too.
Did you happen to wander over to the Chicken show in the Mallory building? There were some cool looking chickens at that show?

Nice gloat Gary.

Gary Keedwell
01-15-2007, 9:54 PM
Ahh.... Another Springfield Spree buyer.:D I bought the 11 piece Fuller set also. Nice bits. The people running the booth were very knowledgable.

I watched the Tormek guy for awhile on saturday. Nice Guy, very informative. Nice system too.
Did you happen to wander over to the Chicken show in the Mallory building? There were some cool looking chickens at that show?

Nice gloat Gary.Thanks Mike
They had the whole Fuller family there;) Chicken show? Your serious, aren't you?:D LOL Yea, they are nice bits. Notice how rugged the stops are? Someone who knows says that an engineer defected from Fuller to Lee Valley and stoled the design for the drill bits. The things you learn.

Gary K.