PDA

View Full Version : Wixey digital readout on a Delta 22-580

Alex Berkovsky
01-15-2007, 4:23 PM
Has anyone installed a Wixey on a Delta 22-580 planer? Any installation pointers will be appreciated.

Art Mann
01-15-2007, 4:41 PM
I haven't installed the Wixey on anything yet, but I did go to their website and downloaded the owner's manual. It gives specific instructions and pictures on how to install the Wixey on a 22-580. If you haven't done that yet, that might be a good place to start.

Joe Spear
01-15-2007, 8:35 PM
The installation manual shows that you have to make a rectangular cut-out in the right side of the plastic housing. I did mine with a Dremel with one of their cutting disks. I tried a hacksaw first, but that was too much trouble. Mark the cut lines clearly and go slowly. The plastic may melt a little from the friction, but it's not too bad a job. After that, the procedure is fairly straight-forward.

Alex Berkovsky
01-15-2007, 8:38 PM
The installation manual shows that you have to make a rectangular cut-out in the right side of the plastic housing. I did mine with a Dremel with one of their cutting disks. I tried a hacksaw first, but that was too much trouble. Mark the cut lines clearly and go slowly. The plastic may melt a little from the friction, but it's not too bad a job. After that, the procedure is fairly straight-forward.Joe,
I do have a Dremel and will use it... thanks for the tip since I would not have thought about it.

Mike Goetzke
01-15-2007, 10:20 PM
I was thinking of adding one to my 22-580 too, but, need to know if the infeed table can be folded up with the gauge attached.

Alex Berkovsky
01-16-2007, 8:39 AM
I was thinking of adding one to my 22-580 too, but, need to know if the infeed table can be folded up with the gauge attached.Mike,
We'll know soon enough... I hope it does not prevent the infeed table from folding up.