PDA

View Full Version : Trophy Figures

Uma Duffy
01-15-2007, 3:37 PM
We operate a laser engraving & awards shop in New England. In the past we done lots of trophies for Tractor Clubs but lately the customers are looking for " garden" or "lawn" tractor figures for some of their awards. I can find plenty of mylars but nothing beyond the cab or no-cab tractor figures that PDU, Discount Trophy and Freeman offer. Have any of you in other parts of the country seen these figures? If so, please share your vendor info! Thanks so much....

Brent Vander Weil
01-15-2007, 3:48 PM
I don't know bout' the rest of ya'll... but I have yet to see a larger inventory of trophy stuff than that of JDS Industries... I think the are in the suppliers list already...

www.jdsindustries.com (http://www.jdsindustries.com)

Uma Duffy
01-16-2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks, Brent. Actually, it was JDS that suggested PDU. It seems as though others are looking for these mysterious garden tractor figures....I saw an inquiry like mine on another site. Pretty elusive!

Brent Vander Weil
01-16-2007, 2:20 PM
Have you given any thought to maybe looking for a cheap toy to use.. maybe figure a way to mount it... I would think that with all of the toys out there there should be something that would work and maybe add a little splash of color to the trophy top???

Just a thought...

Dave Jones
01-16-2007, 5:21 PM
I posted this link on another site where somebody was asking about it. It's a John Deere garden tractor model. I don't know the actual size.

http://www.greenfunstore.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3424

Rodne Gold
01-16-2007, 6:15 PM
Isn't it amazing , some customers have no clue , they will ask you to jump thru hoops to get or be totally surprised that there is not a figure of a long haired belgian malamute/alsation cross jumping hurdles.
We get this all the time and either offer a wreath with an insert which we make or we offer a lasered pic or lasered cut out.
The toy thing works well too , but I can guarantee you that you are probably going to get a "Havent you got a Peterbilt one , we dont use John Deere"

Uma Duffy
01-17-2007, 1:04 PM
Ah, How true! I'm amazed at how specific people think trophy figures should be! Rodney...your idea for the more generic solution is one we have used often. But when they say they have seen it...well, I just hoped maybe one of you had seen it, too. I feel much more confident in saying SHOW ME the next time this particular request comes in. Thanks to everyone for your excellent suggestions. ( and Dave, that was me on the other site. I leave no stone unturned)