PDA

View Full Version : 4" x 24" Sanding Belts

John Esberg
01-15-2007, 2:07 PM
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know of a good source on quality sanding belts in the size of 4" x 24"?

DAK

tim mathis
01-15-2007, 8:03 PM
hi, i purchase mine from www.woodworkingshop.com (http://www.woodworkingshop.com) it is klingspor . i feel they have very good quality sand paper and good prices. i purchase the belts for my ridgid oss sander and my 1 x 42 inch sharpening belts from them.
hope this helps tim mathis

Nancy Laird
01-15-2007, 8:34 PM
I get all our sanding belts and sandpaper from Woodworkers Supply. Never had a problem with them yet and if one of them break on the seam they will replace it. They have withe Alox (Aluminum Oxide), Zirconia Alumina, of now Ceramic Grain Belts.

John Esberg
01-29-2007, 6:33 AM
Well, I just finished my first project with my new belt sander. It worked amazingly well. I didn't have to practice on a sacraficial blank first. Very nice.

I ended up using 80 & 120 grit belts I bought from Tyler Tools on a link through the Porter-Cable website. I wanted to stay OEM and the prices were really good even with shipping.

Till later,

DAK

Sam Howe
01-29-2007, 10:43 AM
I've used Industrial Abrasives for over 20 years now. Always been real satisfied with delivery and quality. They offer a buy 12, get 6 free special(Something like that, it's been quite a while since I placed an order.) that really drops the cost of the belts.
Sam