PDA

View Full Version : My First Band Saw Box

Jerry Todd
11-20-2003, 8:47 PM
Just completed my first Band Saw Box. Plans from Lois Keener Ventura's book "Building Beautiful Boxes with your Bandsaw". Walnut with Poplar draw pull.

Julie Wright
11-20-2003, 9:30 PM
Nice looking box. Will make a nice gift. I have the same book, someday I'll get to those boxes...

Just completed my first Band Saw Box. Plans from Lois Keener Ventura's book "Building Beautiful Boxes with your Bandsaw". Walnut with Poplar draw pull.

Tom Sweeney
11-20-2003, 9:48 PM
Great looking bandsaw box. :cool: I bet people love getting those. Sure can't tell it's the first one you've done

Tony Falotico
11-20-2003, 9:52 PM
Looking good, Jerry.

Looking forward to meeting you one of these days.

Von Bickley
11-20-2003, 10:32 PM
Jerry,

Great looking box with a great looking finish. Thanks for letting us see it.

John Christiansen
11-20-2003, 11:26 PM

Good looking project Jerry, I don't necessarily like it when I have to use the band-saw. But I think I would enjoy making something nice like that.

I like the piece of walnut it's sitting on too.

Jim Guy
11-21-2003, 5:57 AM
Great looking box. Tell us how you finished it. I just got a bunch of walnut and I was thinking of shellac for the first project.
Thanks

Jerry Martin
11-21-2003, 7:27 AM
Great B/S box. Really like the wood and your work. Hope to make one myself one day. Jerry:p

Jerry Todd
11-21-2003, 7:51 AM
Great looking box. Tell us how you finished it. I just got a bunch of walnut and I was thinking of shellac for the first project.
Thanks
Jim, I used Bartley Gel finish available at Woodcraft. The result is a hand rubbed look. Wiped on three coats and used 0000 fine steel wool between coats. Thanks for the nice comments.
Jerry

Bob Lasley
11-21-2003, 9:11 AM
Good job Jerry! Those look like lots of fun. I'm going to have to give one a try one of these days. I really like Bartleys Gel too. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite topcoats.

Bob

Matt Bridges
11-23-2003, 7:24 PM
Looks great Jerry!!

Matt