PDA

View Full Version : Schottenheimered........

Roy Wall
01-14-2007, 9:01 PM
Guys,

As a KC guy.....I"ve seen Marty far too often....

I feel sorry for you Charger Fans. You have the best team in the NFL. They are stronger, faster, more talented than the Patriots.

Did you see LT going off the field??? Totally frustrated and I know why....

I await another great AFC matchup!

Michael Cody
01-14-2007, 9:55 PM
Guys,

As a KC guy.....I"ve seen Marty far too often....

I feel sorry for you Charger Fans. You have the best team in the NFL. They are stronger, faster, more talented than the Patriots.

Did you see LT going off the field??? Totally frustrated and I know why....

I await another great AFC matchup!

Not a marty-ball fan either, but Marty didn't get a stupid head-butt penalty that gave NE a first down. Marty didn't miss the direct snap for the 2 point play like the rest of the defense, he was trying to call a timeout, Marty didn't fumble an interception back to NE for a first down, etc...

Marty didn't lose 3 fumbles vs 0 lost for NE, have 64 yards in penalties, give up 3 sacks for 26 yards, out stat NE across the board and give it away.. nope that was not Marty's fault.

I like how mad LT was -- it's good, they will be even better next year, but it's not Marty's fault. They didn't go conservative, the just got beat by a better team today -- they will win some day, but today was not that day.

Besides what are you complaining about, my team had the 2 of the top 10 receivers in football and went 3-13 but that is the life of a Lions fan!

Glenn Clabo
01-15-2007, 7:51 AM
Even as a big Pats fan...this was a classic case of smarter beating better. As far as LT getting upset...he had 2 good reasons...the way they lost and the winners low class act on the 50.

Steve Wargo
01-15-2007, 8:16 AM
I too feel your pain with the curse of Marty.

Keith Starosta
01-15-2007, 8:32 AM
Not a marty-ball fan either, but Marty didn't get a stupid head-butt penalty that gave NE a first down. Marty didn't miss the direct snap for the 2 point play like the rest of the defense, he was trying to call a timeout, Marty didn't fumble an interception back to NE for a first down, etc...

Marty didn't lose 3 fumbles vs 0 lost for NE, have 64 yards in penalties, give up 3 sacks for 26 yards, out stat NE across the board and give it away.. nope that was not Marty's fault.

I like how mad LT was -- it's good, they will be even better next year, but it's not Marty's fault. They didn't go conservative, the just got beat by a better team today -- they will win some day, but today was not that day.

Besides what are you complaining about, my team had the 2 of the top 10 receivers in football and went 3-13 but that is the life of a Lions fan!

.........:(

Ain't that the truth?

Millen must go in '07!!!!!!

Sincerely,

A Severly Disgruntled Detroit Football Fan

Dan McGuire
01-15-2007, 2:54 PM
True enough, Marty did not loose three fumbles, nor fumble an interception. He did however decide to throw the challenge flag on that fumbled interception play. In my opinion they sure could have used that time out that they lost for that challenge.

Furthermore, once they had the lead they played not loose it. That is a hallmark of a Marty team, lets play not to loose. You can't let a team of the patriots caliber hang around. It was San Deigo's game not too loose, and New Englands game to win. Unfortunately, San Deigo had the coach that perfected the "playing not to loose" format.

As a tried and true Chiefs fan, I saw some great teams go by the wayside because they played not to loose in some big games under Marty.

Tim Morton
01-15-2007, 5:32 PM
was that a great game or WHAT????

go pats!!!:D :D

Oh, and marty didn't lose the game...Marlon McPhee did when he intercepted that ball on 4th down...should have knocked it down instead.

Jason Roehl
01-15-2007, 6:44 PM
Booo. Hooo. Waaaa. I don't want to hear you Chargers fans whining until you've walked in the shoes of a Colts fan for a while. We've had arguably many of the top offensive personnel for YEARS now, but can't seem to do anything in the playoffs. We squeaked by the Ravens on Saturday (thanks, D!), but I'm sure I'm not the only nervous fan with NE coming to town (at least Peyton exorcised that loss-streak demon a couple years ago).

Oh, and the Chargers deserve to lose for going with Rivers over Brees. :eek: :D