PDA

View Full Version : Gloat and results...

Tim Brooks
01-14-2007, 6:12 PM
Last Wednesday I had a pre-gloat as I had just order the Jet 1014vs from Amazon. Much to my surprise it was delivered Friday afternoon. So guess what I was doing Friday night and Saturday. I opened the box fully expecting to assemble everything and much to my delight everything was ready to turn right out of the box. I did have two small complaints but nothing earth shattering. 1. Two of the four plastic feet were broken off. 2. The speed control hinge was messed up. The feet are no big deal as I just removed the two good feet and all is well. I did spend about 30 to 45 minutes repairing the hinge on the speed control. Over all, I am very pleased.

I was turning in no time all. The first picture is a picture of my first two pens on my new lathe. I probably would have had more but I only had two pen kits. The second picture is the pen that sent me down the road of turning. I know it was a ploy on his part but it worked. A friend of my down the street had me turn it on his lathe last September.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-14-2007, 6:15 PM
Nice pens Tim! I've got the same lathe ....it's a good lathe and gets the job done! Congrats on the lathe!

Bernie Weishapl
01-14-2007, 6:51 PM
Tim those are beauties. Nice job. Congrats on the new lathe.

Steve Schlumpf
01-14-2007, 7:55 PM
Glad to hear you got your lathe and are up and running! Nice pens - looking forward to seeing more!

Jason Morgan
01-14-2007, 9:11 PM
I recently jumped into the vortex with the same lathe. Im pretty sure mine came from amazon also (santa actually).

Great pens. I would like to try some of them myself.

-Jason

John Chandler
01-14-2007, 9:14 PM
Nice work.

John Hart
01-15-2007, 6:34 AM
Nice job Tim. That sucking sound you hear is you being pulled into an inescapable vortex. Enjoy the ride!

Tom Sherman
01-15-2007, 9:45 AM
Cool another soldier in the Army of the Lathe. Cool pens Tim.

Keith Burns
01-15-2007, 9:49 AM
Great gloat (congrats), great pens, makes for a great day !:) :)