PDA

View Full Version : "Click" for hunger

John Miliunas
11-20-2003, 1:48 PM
Gee, I sure do hope I'm not breaking any SMC rule on this one, but it's certainly for a good cause. Some of you may already be aware of this one, but for those who aren't, Campbell's Soup donates a can of their "Chunky" variety to hunger relief organizations throughout the Country. All you need to do is go to this site: http://www.chunky.com/click_for_cans.asp
and click on your favorite NFL team. One "click", one can goes to help the hungry! Yes, it's legit, albeit I'm sure Campbell's Soup is looking for its notoriety, as well. As far as I'm concerned, fine. If it'll help feed some poor family, they can stick a sign in my front yard! Nobody should go hungry in this Country, though many do far too often. So, if you feel compelled to help out, it'll cost you but a few seconds of your time. Thanks and if I'm totally in the wrong for this post and it gets pulled, I'll know better next time. :rolleyes: :cool:

Tom Sweeney
11-20-2003, 2:20 PM
You're only supposed to click once -
How come Green Bay has 15 times more cans donated than my Beagles er I mean Eagles :rolleyes: At least we're ahead of those cowboyes.

Seriously thanks for the heads up - it don't get much more painless than that to help people.
938,619 cans of soup donated so far - not too shabby.

Steve Clardy
11-20-2003, 3:15 PM
Thanks for the heads up on this John. I will go there and click now. Steve

John Miliunas
11-20-2003, 3:43 PM
[QUOTE=Tom Sweeney]You're only supposed to click once -
How come Green Bay has 15 times more cans donated than my Beagles er I mean Eagles :rolleyes: At least we're ahead of those cowboyes.
QUOTE]

Ahhhh, Tom my friend. The answer is quite simple, really: Packer fans are not bound by any state borders! You'll find large communities of Packer Backers *ALL* over this great Country of ours! :D But, in this instance, although I'm proud that the Green & Gold is carrying the lead, it really doesn't matter who's out in front!

Oh, and BTW: Not only can you NOT click more than once, you can't even do it more than once a day! (At least, not from the same machine....) :cool:

Bud Duffy
11-20-2003, 4:03 PM
951,500 with mine with all the members here we ought to be able to boost that number quite a bit not much effort and dosnt cost anything but time!

Roger Fitzsimonds
11-21-2003, 2:05 PM
Thanks for the heads up John. The Titans were fifth which suprised me . any how great idea to help those who need it. thanks again John

Roger

Tom Sweeney
11-21-2003, 2:43 PM
My Dad is a rabid Eagles friend & his "lady friend"(what do you call them when their in their 60's anyway?) is a rabid Packers fan who never lived outside of the Philly area - those are interesting games when they play each other too :rolleyes: .

[QUOTE=John Miliunas
Ahhhh, Tom my friend. The answer is quite simple, really: Packer fans are not bound by any state borders! You'll find large communities of Packer Backers *ALL* over this great Country of ours! :D But, in this instance, although I'm proud that the Green & Gold is carrying the lead, it really doesn't matter who's out in front!
:cool:[/QUOTE]

Your other point about not mattering who's in front is of course right on also.

I know there is also a breast cancer site prevention site also - If anyone is interested:
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites
they provide free mammograms to women. just figured while everyone was in a clicking mood.

David Plaskett
11-21-2003, 4:09 PM
Thanks John. Go TITANS. Superbowl Bound!!!!!!!!!