PDA

View Full Version : Is Festool Going to do another 20% Promo

Scott Coffelt
11-20-2003, 12:38 PM
My wife wanted to know what I wanted for Xmas and I said a new vac. I am leaning towards the mini Fein. It is $150, does not have the auto-start feature and is slightly louder (specs) and less CFm then the Festool. The mini Festool is $250, has auto-start, etc. If they had a sale coming up where you could get the 20% off your first order, I probably could get the wife to spend the extra $50 and go that route. Otherwise, the Fein will be in my shop. So, does anyone know if they will be doing that promo again within the next month or so?

Douglas Robinson
11-20-2003, 12:48 PM
Scott:

I do not believe that Festool will be running a 20% of sale in the next month or so. I took advantage of the last one, and recall being told that they will run that promo only every 6 months or so. I believe they have some other promos going, now where you can get a free Sony CD player if you buy one tool, a Motorola two way radio with two tools, etc. Hope that helps.

Doug

Bob Marino
11-20-2003, 3:45 PM
My wife wanted to know what I wanted for Xmas and I said a new vac. I am leaning towards the mini Fein. It is $150, does not have the auto-start feature and is slightly louder (specs) and less CFm then the Festool. The mini Festool is $250, has auto-start, etc. If they had a sale coming up where you could get the 20% off your first order, I probably could get the wife to spend the extra $50 and go that route. Otherwise, the Fein will be in my shop. So, does anyone know if they will be doing that promo again within the next month or so?

Hi Scott,

Festool's current promo (ends November 30) gives you a 15% discount on the tools if you purchase two or more tools. There is also a "Holiday Special" - free electronic gifts, depending on the number of tools purchased.
The new promos won't be listed until the current one expires, but I am quite sure the previous across the board 20% promo won't be repeated for a while.

Bob Marino

Jack Diemer
11-20-2003, 10:26 PM
I can attest that Scott does not have a single Festool. I think you should hook him up, you might end up with a customer for life.

Scott Coffelt
11-21-2003, 12:28 PM
I have to think small as the Xmas funds are primarily going to the kids. I have small budget for me and the wife, so I can't take advantage of the 15% on two or more. I was hoping to get the small vac now and when funds are available expand. I'll think about it, but $250 is too much right now. Might choose to wait awhile instead.

Howard Norman
11-21-2003, 11:00 PM
I have to think small as the Xmas funds are primarily going to the kids. I have small budget for me and the wife, so I can't take advantage of the 15% on two or more. I was hoping to get the small vac now and when funds are available expand. I'll think about it, but $250 is too much right now. Might choose to wait awhile instead.

Scott, I don't have any experience with the Festool Vacs, but I have a Fein Turbo II and am very pleased with it. So pleased that I may buy another one.

Howard

Steve Roxberg
11-22-2003, 11:27 AM

Scott, I like my Turbo II very much, and in fact will possibly buy a Mini Turbo for use around the house. Kitchen and laundry room come to mind as a great place to have one.

Christian Aufreiter
11-22-2003, 12:42 PM
Hi Scott,

as for the promos, I don't know but Bob gave you all the information you need. I think you won't regret spending the $$$ on the Festool vacs. You won't even regret spending much more on more Festool stuff :cool:
I'm very pleased with my Festool CT 22 vac.
You might like to check out some reviews of the Festool vacs:
http://benchmark.20m.com/tools/Festool/FestoolIndex.html
http://www.cjohnhebert.com/toolreviews.htm
http://www.woodshopdemos.com/men-fes.htm

Regards,

Christian Aufreiter, Austria