PDA

View Full Version : WoodTek 8" Jointer?

Mac McAtee
02-26-2003, 8:53 PM
I purchased a Woodtek 8" jointer from Woodworkers Supply. They were at the big furniture woodworking show in Greensboro, NC last week and had a show special on some of the Woodtek tools.

Anyone have any experiance with the jointer. Currently it is sitting out in the workshop in it's wood crate. Waiting for a set of HD wheels to show up via UPS. I thought it would be easier to put the base on the mobile base before mounting the machine on the base. Whole thing weighs 455 lbs.

Any particular things I need to be looking out for when I start setting it up?

Dennis McDonaugh
02-26-2003, 9:08 PM
I don't have a woodtek jointer, but I put a grizzly together. It came in two parts-base and top. I put the mobile base together, then set the top on it. It weight the same, but two people can lift either half. Make sure the pulleys are in alignment with each other, it'll prevent vibratiion and keep them fron wearing out prematurely. It was easier to wire mine before putting the belt on the pulleys. Make sure the blades are in alignment with each other and the outfeed table. Make sure the outfeed and infeed table are parallel. Use a good straight edge and be meticulous. Dennis