PDA

View Full Version : Potpourri Bowl

David Fried
01-13-2007, 5:56 PM
This is a potpourri bowl I made out of Claro Walnut. It gave me a chance to try out the hook nose scraper I got for Christmas and make a first hollow form before Ken Fitzgerald does :D . Impossible to stay ahead of that guy!!!

One side of the bowl, shown in the photo, is very nice wood while the other side has a small inclusion and worm hole. It's about 6" in diameter and 2" tall. Finished with Minwax Antique finish and buffed.

I actually gave it away without measuring it or taking pictures and had to go back just to take this quick pic.

Thanks for looking.

And NO Andy, not everything I turn looks like a doughnut. It's just a phase!:D

Ken Fitzgerald
01-13-2007, 6:43 PM
Moxie and donuts.....Sounds good!

Nicely done David.....Some day I hope to be good enough to help sharpen your tools!

Steve Schlumpf
01-13-2007, 8:11 PM
Nice looking HF David! You'll have to remember to take pictures next time - or take them with the customer! Nice work!

John Hart
01-13-2007, 8:40 PM
Very nice Dave! Great form, nice wood, good finish. ;) I said very early on, when first starting this turning obsession, that I was going to do one of those. Still haven't.:o

David Fried
01-13-2007, 8:41 PM
....Some day I hope to be good enough to help sharpen your tools!
Ken,

Dave in Connecticut sitting .... looking at the floor .... shaking my head.

The way you're going, I'm seriously thinking about taking the legs off my lathe and building a diving board!! :D
While you're correct that I could use help sharpening my tools I'm afraid you're much too famous for that. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=54922&d=1168600160;)

Bernie Weishapl
01-13-2007, 8:42 PM
That is a beauty David. I just ordered some of those potpourri lids. Form and finish looks good.

Tom Sherman
01-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Very cool David, those are fun aren't they.

Keith Burns
01-14-2007, 12:29 PM
David, excellent Piece. Great form and finish !:) :)