PDA

View Full Version : carter quick rel on grizzly 14"

Larry Crim
01-13-2007, 4:03 PM
Ok I know the subject has been brought up several times but I just installed the Carter QR and spring on my 14" Grizzly and the difference is amazing. I have always had a issue with the tension device that came with the saw and hesitated to get the carter due to it is a expensive upgrade compared to the price of the saw.
Well I bit the bullet after getting frustrated trying to tension a 1/2" blade and just couldn't get it enough without bending the flimsy little bars they use on the original.
I must say it is like having a new saw. The cut has improved several times over.
The install was fairly straight forward and easy, I called the engineers at Carter and they were not sure if it would work on the grizzly or not but told me to give it a shot and if it did not I could just send it back, It works and aside from the price I am very satisfied with it.

Larry

glenn bradley
01-14-2007, 2:44 PM
That is great to hear. I've got an old beater BS and plan to upgrade at some point. I had always harbored the idea that the lack of a QR would scratch said saw off my short list. Sounds like that is a viable thought. Thanks for the input and enjoy the Carter!

Steve LaFara
01-15-2007, 1:00 AM
I just put one on my Delta 14" with a riser and have the same reaction. Worth the pricey cost IMO.