PDA

View Full Version : New Pen Style **PIC**

Ken Salisbury
11-20-2003, 8:14 AM
As I mentioned in a previous post, Berea has a lot of new kits in their recently released catalog. I purchased 3 different new styles.

Yesterday I prepped blanks for 35 pens and some bracelet helper blanks.

Before coming back into the house I decided to make a few of this new style (Streamlined "7mm Pen"). It is exactly like the standard 7mm "Slimline" pen kits available everywhere except the center ring is much larger and fancier and results in a tapered pen which I think is classier looking. It has a different clip design which I like. Also included a a picture of a figured walnut FT American pen.

Now I just need to get back in the shop this afternoon, prep some more blanks and try to get started on finishing the 75 (or more) I have to do before December gets here. :D

Tom Sweeney
11-20-2003, 8:34 AM
I like that style better than the standard slim line - cool material too what is it acrylic or some wierd corian design?

Very cool - Hope you do well at the show.

Ken Salisbury
11-20-2003, 8:39 AM
I like that style better than the standard slim line - cool material too what is it acrylic or some wierd corian design?

It is acrylic that I purchased from Berea.

Scott Greaves
11-20-2003, 10:46 AM
Hey Ken!

Great pens! Out of Berea's new models, I think that Streamlined pen interests me the most. And I really like that new clip design. I'm gonna have to get me some! :)

I've been buying that Acrylic Acetate (AA) stuff from Berea lately myself. Very nice stuff to work with! It looks like you made really good use of it! What's your sanding/finishing process with Acrylic, if you don't mind me asking? I usually just sand up through the Micro Mesh and finish off with HUT Ultra Gloss, which is just a polishing compound. BTW, the Yellow one is my favorite!

Scott

Ken Salisbury
11-20-2003, 10:53 AM
What's your sanding/finishing process with Acrylic, if you don't mind me asking? I usually just sand up through the Micro Mesh and finish off with HUT Ultra Gloss, which is just a polishing compound. BTW, the Yellow one is my favorite!
Scott

I sand to 800 grit and use Hut Ultra Gloss also.

Pete Fox
11-21-2003, 8:43 AM
Ken,

I looked at Berea's website, and they don't have any of the new kits listed yet. Do you know when they will??

Pete

Scott Greaves
11-21-2003, 3:28 PM
I looked at Berea's website, and they don't have any of the new kits listed yet. Do you know when they will??

Pete

Hi Pete,

They are working on it, but it probably won't be anytime soon. When dealing with Berea, just call them on the phone. Besides, this will give you a chance to talk to Jim, which is always a treat! (Speaking of which, I should probably call him today!)

Scott.

Ken Salisbury
11-22-2003, 6:24 AM
Ken,

Pete

As Scott said - It might be a while before all the new stuff shows up on their web site. I suggest you order the new catalog (just out this month). I believe they cost $3.00 (and worth it). 1-877-736-5487.

Matt Bridges
11-23-2003, 7:36 PM
Those look great as always Ken

Bob Oswin
11-24-2003, 10:11 AM
As Scott said - It might be a while before all the new stuff shows up on their web site. I suggest you order the new catalog (just out this month). I believe they cost $3.00 (and worth it). 1-877-736-5487.

Nice looking hardware Ken.

Could you mail me the URL?

Bob