PDA

View Full Version : Storm assist

Ed Breen
01-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Wow, the w man told us to be ready for a baaad ice storm, and for once they are right. Woke up to no electricity and lots of tree limbs on the ground. I guess I'll be using the chain saw and have no need for turning pieces fo a while. Hope you folks over in Arkansas are spared this one.
Ed:cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
01-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Good luck Ed! Be safe with that chain saw!

Dennis Peacock
01-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Good Morning Ed,

We haven't gotten any ice buy boy have we ever got the RAIN!!!! Woke up this morning to not be able to find 2/3 of my driveway and my back yard looks like it belongs to a duck wildlife refuge.:eek: :rolleyes:

I sure hope ya'll come out ok Ed. Be safe bud.

Eddie Watkins
01-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Ed, it's not over. We are getting sleet now and it's headded your way. So far, we have about an inch of sleet on the ground with another inch expected. Sleet is better than ice, though. At least until it melts and re-freezes. I was enjoying global warming. We really haven't had a winter until this.

Stay warm,

Eddie

Joe Pelonio
01-13-2007, 1:57 PM
Isn't winter fun, and two months to go. It was 17 this morning and still only 22 at 11am, so the inch or so of compacted snow and ice is heard and slick on the roads. Somehow we have to get down the hills, about a mile sometime today to get my son (19) to the bank and to the apartment complex where he has to make the deposit on his new place. We'll take my wife's Liberty I just decided, since my son's truck is 2WD and mine is less than two weeks old. :D

Yesterday I made it down in mine but we had sun, today it's cloudy with occasional flurries predicted. Looking forward to Monday when it's supposed to hit the 40s.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-13-2007, 2:09 PM
17? Heatwave!..........The sun came up and out here shortly after 0700.......At 10:30 it was 9 F............Didn't think to check the temperature when I got up at 0500.

Steve Clardy
01-13-2007, 3:36 PM
3" of sleet, ice on the ground here.
Snow plow has not been by.

Take care Ed

Glenn Clabo
01-13-2007, 4:41 PM
I just went out to let the labs do their stuff...in a T-Shirt! It's 54 degrees here...and it's the middle of Jan. The forsythia are blooming...Totally weird.

Lou Morrissette
01-13-2007, 5:33 PM
Went out to get the paper this AM and spotted a dandelion on my front lawn! This is not right! Not even for Cape Cod.

Lou

Bruce Shiverdecker
01-14-2007, 12:30 AM
We've been lucky so far. 3/8" of Ice on the van, a few tree limbs down(no wind this time), and power out for about an hour this morning. All in all much better than Dec 31!

We're scheduled for more nasty weather tonight and tomorrow, so I have my fingers and other things crossed!

BTW the Farmers Almanac says we're to get 20" of snow next week. It was DEAD ON about DEC 31..............I hope it's wrong this time!

Bruce

Dennis Peacock
01-14-2007, 6:12 AM
The way it "feels" to me right now is that we've had about 20" of Rain..!!!! It hasn't stopped raining since Friday and the forecast says that it's supposed to be another 1-2" of rain for today.!!! :confused:

I hope and pray that all of you fair well with the ice and sleet.

Lee Schierer
01-14-2007, 8:03 AM
It's 32 and raining here. Don't know if we will get any of the ice storm or not. Last week we heard spring peepers in the wetlands out back. We also have geese than have new hatchlings. Last time I loked at a calendar it said January. Maybe I slept through 2-3 months last night.

Jim Young
01-14-2007, 10:31 AM
Went out to get the newspaper this morning and nearly killed myself on the icy drivewy. The wet ices pellets are still coming down.

Steve Clardy
01-14-2007, 10:37 AM
We're supposed to be getting another inch of ice:mad: , on top of what we have.
Springfield, MO. got it bad last night. Power lines down everywhere

Jeff Cybulski
01-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Freezing rain right now - went out this morning and everythings covered in 2inches of ice - Not suppose to be above freezing til Thursday so it's gonna be fun.

Ed Breen
01-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Well here I am at work, at least here we've got heat. The only heat in our house is a gas log in the dinning room. The front and back yard look like a battle zone right after a barrage of air bursts and AP stuff. Sure hope my coverage calls for devris removal!!! Road surfaces are noit bad, its the trees and limbs and each overhead line appears to have about 6' of ice on it. No wonder there's no power. I sure envy places where the power is underground, allthough here in the sticks folks would just be digging them up.
Oh well, everyone stay safe if not warm
Ed

p.s. Dennis, as an afterthought to that thread on insurance, I'm taking my firm to a payroll and service company, We'll be switching to Blue cross Bluew Sheild and it looks like it will save us about 95k per year in premium. We did not go for the medical savings plan!
ebb:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bryan Somers
01-15-2007, 1:17 PM
Been a while since we had a bad one like some of you are having. Power was out for almost 3 days, and I had to cut up 14 pine trees just to get out of the drive. So I wont talk about the nice temps we had this weekend :D . Those fridged temps are supposed to be here tomorrow.