PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Tools experience

Ted Miller
01-13-2007, 10:59 AM
I have a older TS tablesaw from Laguna and I decided it was time to tune her up so I needed some new parts, since '93 its done quite a bit of work for me and never let me down. I work about 4 miles as the crow flies from Laguna Tools so I decided to take a run over and see whats up there. Never been there so I called to see if they had a showroom and then headed over after work. I meet with Rick Kerrigan from Tooling and Accessories Sales in the lobby and he was a super nice guy. He took me to the back of the building where they had approx. 15 or so machines set up. It was their assembly and receiving area and was awesome, not a real showroom but I am used to working on concrete floors in a warehouse atmosphere. After drooling over the 10' Robland Slider we got down to business and found all the parts plus some blades I needed bad, yes I do buy their blades since I like the thickness and zero vibration of their Canadian made blades. He grave me some great deals on all my stuff I purchased and we talked a bit about upcoming shows, assembly and where all the parts are made. What a great guy Rick was and I will continue to give them my business for years to come, just thought I would share my experience with ya...

tim rowledge
01-13-2007, 2:30 PM
It's a few years now since I had a Robland X-31 but my one and only experience in dealing with Laguna was very pleasant; I burned out the jointer motor (it was a very old machine bought 2nd hand) one weekend and called to ask about a replacement or any thoughts on rewinds etc. They sold me a not-quite-new motor off a floor demo machine for a very good price and shipped it for $15 - which included some nice person custom making a very solid crate for it and bolting it onto a sub-base for security. I sold that machine when I sold the house (easier than arranging to move it - let someone else have the fun!) and the buyer was very happy with it.

David Less
01-14-2007, 5:40 PM
Hi Ted,

If you go there again, check out the Knapp Kombi machine and let me know what you think.

Regards,

David