PDA

View Full Version : How's this for customer service?.........

Mark Rios
01-13-2007, 1:48 AM
About a month ago I bought a 3-pack of reading glasses from Costco. I didn't like them so I went to return them and exchange them for another style. The outdoor food court got in my way and made me stop for a berry sundae (damn food court!). I left the package of glasses in my cart while I waited in line. There was only one person in front of me. The cart was no more than 15" away at any time. I ordered my berry sundae (very yummy) and went over to my cart and someone had lifted the glasses. Some stinkin', selfish, low-life thief stole them.

Well, I'm a bonehead and I shouldn't have left them in the cart. They were only about $20 and I'm not going to starve for the $20 so I chalked it up to experience. But I went to the membership desk, explained what had just happened and asked if they wanted me to fill out a report or something. They asked me for my membership number/card and the next thing I knew, they looked up my purchase of the glasses and refunded my money!!!

Way to go Costco!!!

Mitchell Andrus
01-13-2007, 8:26 AM
Costco. My wife and I shop there all the time. Great people.

Bob Childress
01-13-2007, 8:56 AM
Have been a Costco fan for many years. They are second to none in service and product quality as well.

When we left Arizona I pined away for a Costco (none local here) and we would drive 100 miles to Charlotte for a "fix" every 3 months. Costco just announced they are building one here and I can hardly wait. They leave Sam's Club and BJ's in the dust IMHO. :)

Russ Cass
01-13-2007, 2:36 PM
We love Costco. Buy everything we can from them.

They have the best return policy in the industry.

We had to return an HP computer that we bought for our daughter, twice!
No problems at all. They replaced it with a fresh box each time.

If you like King Crab Legs, you can't beat their price :D

Dave Fifield
01-13-2007, 7:43 PM
Yep, Costco certainly knows what makes its customers happy - from getting in high quality fair value products to return policy et al. The only issue I ever had is that they don't seem to buy enough of some items. Like, my size trousers/jeans! And they NEVER have any Kellog's Cornflakes (why is that?).

I have a rule about shopping there - "If you see it and like it, BUY IT!" cuz it won't be there the next time you stop by!!

Mark Pruitt
01-13-2007, 8:38 PM
With a little luck, maybe the moron who stole 'em will put 'em on just in time to see a 500 pound sumo wrestler charging at him.....:D

Curt Fuller
01-13-2007, 10:51 PM
I like Costco too. So much that I let my Sams Club membership expire. Isn't it amazing how one nice gesture like that can blossom into better PR for a company than any advertising gimick could ever do.