PDA

View Full Version : Acorn Birdhouse Ornament

Bernie Weishapl
01-12-2007, 9:13 PM
Here is a Acorn Birdhouse I made. It is out of Ash and Walnut. It has 2 coats of poly. The little bird I got from Michael's. Not much but was fun to make. The LOML says I need to make a bunch for next Christmas. She thinks they are cute.

Pete Jordan
01-12-2007, 9:24 PM
Here is a Acorn Birdhouse I made. It is out of Ash and Walnut. It has 2 coats of poly. The little bird I got from Michael's. Not much but was fun to make. The LOML says I need to make a bunch for next Christmas. She thinks they are cute.

Another nice job Bernie!

You better get started.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-12-2007, 9:26 PM
Well Bernie.....I've got to steal another idea from you! Question...did you glue it up and turn as one piece or did you do 2 separate turnings?

Nicely done!

Steve Schlumpf
01-12-2007, 9:27 PM
Nicely done Bernie! Your wife is right - they are cute!

Tom Sherman
01-13-2007, 6:56 AM
Bernie they are right cute, and if the boss says make more do you dare defy her???

John Hart
01-13-2007, 8:30 AM
I'd like to do a bunch of things like this throughout the year so I'm not so crunched in December. A resolution?:rolleyes:

Great piece Bernie!

Chris Barton
01-13-2007, 8:34 AM
Hi Bernie,

I really like the birdhouse ornament. I made some ornaments this year and even made a birdhouse but, I couldn't find any birds at my local Michaels. You did a nice job on your and it's never too late to get ready for Christmas 07...

Christopher K. Hartley
01-13-2007, 9:07 AM
The LOML says I need to make a bunch for next Christmas. She thinks they are cute. Shhhhhhhh, my LOML is still waiting on her birdhouses and if I don't get busy on them I'll be needing to spin a Dog House...for me! Great Job I really like what you did here.:)

Jim Ketron
01-13-2007, 9:13 AM
Great looking ornament Bernie!
Nice Job!

Bernie Weishapl
01-13-2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks everyone. They are a lot of fun to make. I figured I had better get a start now like John said and not get down to crunch time in December.

Chris I couldn't find them here at the one in Kansas but when visiting the kids during Christmas in Richmond, VA. I found the mini's. We will be going to Denver so will check there to.

Mel Reed
01-13-2007, 5:21 PM
Good looking piece Bernie.Have to keep thoes in mind for next year.
Mel

John Chandler
01-13-2007, 8:28 PM

I think they are great. I have put these into my idea file that I have started.

Joyce Baldauf
01-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Hi Bernie,

I really like the birdhouse ornament. I made some ornaments this year and even made a birdhouse but, I couldn't find any birds at my local Michaels. You did a nice job on your and it's never too late to get ready for Christmas 07...

Craft Supply sells birds. Sometimes you can find them in hobby shops. In the St. Louis area there are stores called Ben Franklin that sell them.

Bernie Weishapl
01-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Thanks Joyce I didn't even think to look there. Appreciate it.

Corey Hallagan
01-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Very nice Bernie, they look great! Hope your feeling better!

Corey

Keith Burns
01-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Great Birdhouse Bernie ! I normally don't like the birds, but you got the scale just right on this one, and I like it.:) :)