PDA

View Full Version : VA Creekers

Bobby Hatfield
11-19-2003, 10:56 PM
Whats this thang, a Chesepeake squirrel ? My son took his pic in his yard there, do they taste like squirrel fried to a golden brown, with biscuits and gravy ?

Don Abele
11-20-2003, 7:15 AM
Bobby, I live in Chesapeake. And by the looks of that fella, I'd say he is of the flying variety. That's not actually a big belly, but the skin of his "wings". The big black eyes also give it away as they are nocturnal. From what I've seen of them, they really aren't that big and wouldn't make much more than a very small snack.

Be well,

Doc

Glenn Clabo
11-20-2003, 7:23 AM
Hey Bobby leave that poor little fella alone. He ain't nothing but a one biter. If you're that hungry I'll send a boloney sandwich.

Ted Shrader
11-20-2003, 9:13 AM
Bobby -

I think Doc is right - a Rocky the Flying Squirrel. No Bullwinkles around these parts, though.

Ted

Bobby Hatfield
11-20-2003, 10:39 AM
Whats this thang, a Chesepeake squirrel ? My son took his pic in his yard there, do they taste like squirrel fried to a golden brown, with biscuits and gravy ?

Thanks fellers, you know, I was just curious about Thanksgiving dinner, I'fn that boy ain't got a turkey maybe a few squirrels might help out, you know how them sailors can eat, especially if I happen to show up, wanted to make sure there was plenty left for the kids.

Glenn Clabo
11-20-2003, 11:16 AM
My kind of squirrel...

Don Abele
11-20-2003, 11:42 AM
Bobby, your son is in the Navy here in Norfolk? I'm stationed on a submarine that's in the shipyard in Norfolk.

Be well,

Doc

Don Farr
11-20-2003, 1:17 PM
My kind of squirrel...
Glenn, I've seen sqrirrels get into lots of trouble, but darn if that don't beat all. :D

Bobby Hatfield
11-20-2003, 2:12 PM
My kind of squirrel...

Glenn, who that rascal been hanging around with you or Ken Salisbury ? I see that he's a Bud man, er squirrel.

Glenn Clabo
11-20-2003, 4:47 PM
Bobby,
No disrespect to Mr. K...but I'm a real beer drinker. That little guy was just warming up for a visit down south to The Old Rebel.

Bryan Nuss
11-20-2003, 7:50 PM
Just oaking!