PDA

View Full Version : Table Saw - Overhead Cabinent Storage

Bob Myers
01-12-2007, 1:55 PM
I am thinking about placing a cabinent overhead of my table saw to store all of the stuff I frequently use. I am thinking that it could also providing a mounting point for an overhead blade guard. Has anyone tried this out? I was wondering how high I should mount it so that it doesn't interfere with the operation of the saw.

Greg Robbins
01-12-2007, 2:21 PM
One thing you might take into consideration: I use the top of my TS for checking how even the bottom of projects are, such as chairs or smaller cabinets. The top of my saw comes in handy for this because of it's flatness. If I had a cabinet overhead it may get in the way.

Regards Greg

Jim Becker
01-12-2007, 3:40 PM
I have on more than one occasion had to put something tall on the saw...that's one of the reasons I bagged the UniGuard overarm a number of years ago in favor of one that was more easily removable. In fact, I actually had to put an assembled carcass on the saw one time to "fix a boo-boo" with a cut on the cabinet using the rip fence as a guide. I don't know that I'd like anything overhead with the table saw...and I'm saying this with the discomfort that I'm going to have a partial situation with that due to an angled stairway over the extension table when my new saw is placed in the shop. But over the blade area is the full 8' still.

Ted Baca
01-12-2007, 10:42 PM
I think you would be hitting it when you swing boards around in the shop.
But if you do install some lighting that will project down on the table top.