PDA

View Full Version : Galoot Central is One Year Old

Robert Weber
01-12-2007, 11:21 AM
For anyone who doesn't know what Galoot Central is, it's a database of hand-tool related links. Sort of a card catalog to the Internet. I started it to give back to the Internet hand tool community, which has given me so much.

So far we've had more than 300,000 hits with 50,000 coming this last December, alone. And, one day in October, we had over 5000 in one day! This it pretty cool, and it would never have happened if it weren't for Neanderthals like you all writing and posting articles.

So, one last note - remember that even though I've found and cataloged over 1200 links, I'm just one person and cannot find them all. If you stumble across something you think should be in the database, or post an article yourself that you would like to drive more traffic to, the go over to GC and click on the "Submit Link" link.
So, go to GC and click on an article that you've never seen before, just for fun. The address is, intuitively eoungh, www.galootcentral.com (http://www.galootcentral.com).

nic obie
01-12-2007, 8:31 PM
Congratulations on the nice site, but did you know that it is not allowed to link to other woodworking sites here?

Rob Blaustein
01-12-2007, 9:42 PM
Congratulations on the nice site, but did you know that it is not allowed to link to other woodworking sites here?

I don't think that's correct--it's other forums that you can't link to. You can link to a ww site if it is relevant to the post.

Jim Becker
01-12-2007, 10:10 PM

Non-forum and non-auction links are perfectly fine and encouraged in the TOS unless they are purely for commercial gain.

Jim
SMC Moderator
------

Robert, the site seems to be off-line tonight... ;)

John Goodridge
01-13-2007, 10:10 PM
I understand that links to other forums are not allowed; but what is the reason for it? I can understand the ban on auction site links.

Just curious.