PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
01-12-2007, 7:29 AM
Friday January 12th, 2007

Another weekend is upon us. The NFL playoffs will be center stage. Only a little over a month before "Speed Weeks" at Daytona and the start of another "NASCAR" season.:D

Not going to hold my breath but, the "frozen tundra" part of the "great white north" could be white by the end of the weekend. I am so sick of brown, some white would look good for a change. It's supposed to be cold too, highs forcast for single digits.

I'm hoping to work on getting the X-31 up and running. Waiting on springs. This has been a long ordeal that I am documenting and will post when the shelix head is in and the machine is running.

What's on your agenda for the weekend? Hopefully it will be productive, or at least fun. :D Above all make it a safe one.

Karl

David Wilson
01-12-2007, 7:55 AM
Good morning Karl
A friend is bringing over some pine to be plained down. He is building a vanity cabinet and is a purist and doesn't believe in plywood. Oh well.
Sunday LOML and I are going to Fargo for a couple days. I am sceduled for a physical evaluation through the VA. It is a two day deal and I have no idea what it will entail. Only 2 hrs a day so we will do a little shoping.
Macs, harbor freight, Tool crib of the north, etc,etc. We'll try not to spend too much.

Matt Meiser
01-12-2007, 8:13 AM
Need to get the shop straighened up, make a set of dollies for my mower deck, and get the bottom of the deck painted with some graphite paint I read about on another forum. Also want to finally get my router mounted in my TS extension table. I finally picked up the bit yesterday while checking out the new Toledo, OH Woodcraft. Might head to the local plywood supplier to pick up some maple plywood for a bookcase for my daughter if LOML approves spending the $$$.

Joe Pelonio
01-12-2007, 8:23 AM
I'm supposed to do lettering on 5 vans Saturday, unfortunately I may not be able to do it since it will take at least an hour each and is 50 miles away. With the snow and slush here freezing hard overnight (currently 16F) the only time to drive is mid-day. If I'm snowbound I'll try to spend some time organizing the shop.

Sunday, of course, I'll be glued to the TV watching the Seahawks vs Bears.

Al Willits
01-12-2007, 9:00 AM
Life has become much nicer since I convinced Beasty that all the time in the garage/shop has been not just wasted, but wasted making stuff to make stuff, and that stuff is the stuff she wants made...so I have a free rein this weekend...yaaaaay

Started the weekend early with a gathering with Tyler, we met at a local pub and had burgers and I heard more about the place up north, eat my heart out, sure sounds nice...enjoy Tyler, I sure would...:D
Have to mention to Tyler that there was a gathering and no pictures...hehe

Gonna try and finish the TS sled, after looking at the picture that Mr. Marzluf posted I have a few additions to add to it.
And if the biscuits get here that I ordered, I'll play with the PC biscuit cutter I just bought.

Wind chill is below zero now and for the weekend, so we'll be doing indoor stuff....brrrrr
Enjoy the weekend and be safe all...

Al

Bob Childress
01-12-2007, 9:08 AM
Sorry you guys are all freezing. :p Will be in the 60s hereabouts. I better get started on the cabinets for my aunt so I'll be building carcasses this weekend and working out the quickest, easiest way to add adjustable shelves to them besides drilling holes.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. :)

Al Willits
01-12-2007, 10:00 AM
"""""""""""
Sorry you guys are all freezing. :p Will be in the 60s hereabouts
""""""""""
Bob, I'm adding you to my hate list btw....:D
Had forgot about wind chill and bare skin till this morning....
Northwestern part of the state has -25 to -50 below WC, it was about -20 here and being outside with out enough clothes is brutal.
Al...who's getting out the long johns...

Jim Becker
01-12-2007, 10:11 AM
My weekend is being buggered for woodworking as the plan is to visit with Dr SWMBO's sister, her brood and another sister. I might try and sneak out there tonight, however. And I'm working Monday, so that brings no relief, either...