PDA

View Full Version : Drum Sander my next Purchase

Mike Mortenson
01-11-2007, 11:46 PM
I am planning on buying a drum sander in the near future. I am down to (2) different ones. The woodmaster and the steel city. If I go steel city I am limited to 25 and 1/2" width. The 38" woodmaster would be awesome but how many time would you actually need the extra width. Also its a single drum where the steel city is a double drum. I would love to hear feedback on both units if possible. Thanks

Robert Mickley
01-11-2007, 11:52 PM
Boy you make decisions hard,, double drum, 25.5 wide or single drum 38 wide. Hmmmmm I would probably go for the 38 inch wide one. I have a 36 inch wide single drum homemade one. I've sanded 30 inch wide panels all ready.

Prior to that I either avoided wide panels or found an alternative building process. I hope you have lots of DC, because they make a LOT of dust in a hurry. I've also found that 120 grit paper serves most of my purpose. I have on occasion put 180 on it.

Mike Mortenson
01-12-2007, 12:18 AM
I really want a 38" sander but I am not excited about spending that much. I have no doubts its the best choice. Not sure my dust collector will handle it either.