PDA

View Full Version : Admit it, you've done it too...

Kevin McPeek
01-11-2007, 11:17 PM
I just got done roughing out a bowl and took it off the lathe when the Mrs came out to see what I was up to. I promptly put the bowl on my head and told her I was making woodworking helmets. We had a good laugh and then she told me I was a goof.
Anyway, I got to thinking that I could not possibly be the only one who tried one on for size.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-11-2007, 11:22 PM
I haven't.....then again........I drive a Jet VS Mini....and have a fat head!

Andy Hoyt
01-12-2007, 12:15 AM
I have no idea what you're talking about

Rich Stewart
01-12-2007, 12:49 AM
Hey Andy. Good to see you. how ya feelin'? I can't get one on my huge bulbous head either. I can't even get a hat to fit. Too bad it's not because of all the brains. Just some gelatinous stuff that leaks out my ears occasionally. And some air.

Rich

Barry Stratton
01-12-2007, 1:28 AM
Can't say I've ever done that......but Ken Fitzgerald does it ALL the time....John Hart's got the pictures.

Mike Vickery
01-12-2007, 2:54 AM
Kevin that is just wierd. But for some reason I want to see a picture!

Bill Boehme
01-12-2007, 3:12 AM
Which one is the real Andy? And, NO (not even under the influence of Moxie) have I ever thought of doing something like this.

Bill

Brodie Brickey
01-12-2007, 5:42 AM
The resemblance is striking.

John Hart
01-12-2007, 6:09 AM
Can't say I've ever done that......but Ken Fitzgerald does it ALL the time....John Hart's got the pictures.

Yup...and he's famous too!!!

Jim Dunn
01-12-2007, 7:26 AM
Andy you look like a coolie building the railroad. I afraid my wife would take my sharp pointy things away from me if I did that.

Curt Fuller
01-12-2007, 8:23 AM
Which one is the real Andy? And, NO (not even under the influence of Moxie) have I ever thought of doing something like this.

Bill

Too bad Andy only gets the collar out for special occasions. He looks dashing in it! Who's the guy with the bowl on his head?

Not to change the subject, but I have a sister in law that has had some serious "enhancement" in the mammary area and I've been trying to figure out a way to turn her a nice sycamore or walnut Madonna style 'over the shoulder boulder holder'. I may have to upgrade my lathe or figure out how to turn outboard though.

Mark Pruitt
01-12-2007, 9:05 AM
One new avatar, good to go....

George Tokarev
01-12-2007, 9:11 AM
I just got done roughing out a bowl and took it off the lathe when the Mrs came out to see what I was up to. I promptly put the bowl on my head and told her I was making woodworking helmets. We had a good laugh and then she told me I was a goof.
Anyway, I got to thinking that I could not possibly be the only one who tried one on for size.

I have tried certain projects on the Mrs, though not on her head.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-12-2007, 9:12 AM
Yup...and he's famous too!!!

Hopalong....You sorry rascal!:D

David Fried
01-12-2007, 10:05 AM
I haven't but the kids routinely do as soon as a piece comes off the lathe!

Rich Stewart
01-12-2007, 1:11 PM
George,

ROTFLMBO!!!!
You better not let her see that post.

Loy Hawes
01-12-2007, 1:12 PM
Fixed it. :D :D

John Hart
01-12-2007, 1:26 PM
Perfect Loy!:D

Joe Fisher
01-12-2007, 1:53 PM
Strangely enough, whenever I get anything remotely head-sized in my hands I have to see if my noggin fits in it. Wife brings home new colanders, see if they fit. Make a big bowl? Right on the ol' melon. The best was looking for new cookware in Macy's. I got that 4 quart saucepan right on my head. The saleswoman backed slowly away...

-Joe

Bill Boehme
01-12-2007, 1:59 PM
Fixed it. :D :D

I thought that "Moxie Nerve Food" was supposed to be good for softening of the brain. Perhaps, I misunderstood the usage of the operative word, "for".

Bill

Keith Burns
01-12-2007, 2:38 PM
Well, can't say I ever turned a hat?bowl but I did turn an undergarmet once. Can't remember who the reciepient was for sure.........

Mark Pruitt
01-12-2007, 3:50 PM
Well, can't say I ever turned a hat?bowl but I did turn an undergarmet once. Can't remember who the reciepient was for sure.........
I don't think anyone's gonna touch that....or even come close!:p :p :p LOL!

Hey....how about a Thong Turning Tutorial!!!

Tom Sherman
01-12-2007, 4:44 PM
Keith I'm thinking Pinnochio...whatchathink

Jim Ketron
01-12-2007, 5:24 PM
Good One Loy!:D

Dario Octaviano
01-12-2007, 5:25 PM
Kevin,

Yes I am guilty of doing something similar but more "juvenile" and I cannot even post here what LOL :D

Dick Strauss
01-12-2007, 5:42 PM
Mark,
A nicely turned pink thong sounds right up Tyler's... uhm...alley (so to speak)!!!!:D

Gary Herrmann
01-12-2007, 6:10 PM
The resemblance is striking.

They don't look that much alike. Andy has some big ol' collar on his coat for some reason. Guess it does get cold in Maine.

Doh, Curt beat me to it.

Bill Boehme
01-12-2007, 6:25 PM
.........Not to change the subject, but I have a sister in law that has had some serious "enhancement" in the mammary area and I've been trying to figure out a way to turn her a nice sycamore or walnut Madonna style 'over the shoulder boulder holder'. ........

Of course you meant to change the subject -- is this like sitting to have a portrait painted -- does it require trial fittings? Are you looking for a reason to buy an Escoulen chuck? The picture police will be watching you closely.

Bill

Ken Fitzgerald
01-12-2007, 6:30 PM
They don't look that much alike. Andy has some big ol' collar on his coat for some reason. Guess it does get cold in Maine.

Doh, Curt beat me to it.

Gary....it catches his dribbles of Moxie!:D

Kevin McPeek
01-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Making me laugh George!
Now Joe, you might have a fetish or something going on there. LOL
Well I have to admit I took it off before any cameras made their way to the shop. I can't have that kind of evidence floating around.