PDA

View Full Version : Question for Malcolm Tibbetts

David Walser
01-11-2007, 7:04 PM
Malcolm,

Will you be bringing a supply of your book, The Art of Segmented Wood Turning, with you for sale at the 2007 Desert Woodturning Roundup? If so, that would be pretty cool. I've never had the chance of buying a book directly from a celebrity author before.

Bill Wyko
01-11-2007, 7:11 PM
I too would like to get an autographed copy of your book. I was also wondering where will that show be? Is it in Arizona?

David Walser
01-11-2007, 7:27 PM
I too would like to get an autographed copy of your book. I was also wondering where will that show be? Is it in Arizona? Yes, Bill, the DWR will be held in Mesa, Arizona, February 10 - 11. Here's a link to the website for more information:

http://www.desertwoodturningroundup.com/

Malcolm Tibbetts
01-11-2007, 9:29 PM
Hi David,
I most certainly will bring some books to Mesa with me. I'm hardly a celebrity, but thanks for the endorsement.

John Hart
01-12-2007, 6:31 AM
This brings a question to my pointed head. Malcolm, do you have a scheduled tour of some kind listed anywhere?

Malcolm Tibbetts
01-12-2007, 10:20 AM
John, you bring up a good point. I've been meaning to add a "calendar" page to my website, but just haven't gotten around to it. I have several up-coming club demos in the next few months and I'll be teaching a five-day class at the Marc Adams School (end of May). Thanks for the push to get going on my website.

John Hart
01-12-2007, 10:27 AM
John, you bring up a good point. I've been meaning to add a "calendar" page to my website, but just haven't gotten around to it. I have several up-coming club demos in the next few months and I'll be teaching a five-day class at the Marc Adams School (end of May). Thanks for the push to get going on my website.

Oh sure Malcolm...I just like everyone to be under as much time pressure as I am. Misery loves company!!:)

Thanks!

Gordon Seto
01-12-2007, 12:39 PM
If you can't wait a month and want to read the book before the 2007 Desert Woodturning Roundup, go ahead buy the book now and bring it with you to the Roundup.
I don't know Malcolm, but I don't think you will have any trouble getting an autograph from any woodturning celebrity author.
Reading his book before watching the demo may give you deeper appreciation for his complicated work.
I can't foreseen our celebrities sunk to the level of demanding money for autograph.

Gordon