PDA

View Full Version : Model Airplane

Jason Christenson
01-11-2007, 1:03 PM
My son just got this moder airplane for his birthday. Any day now we're going to start putting it together but I have no experience. Anyone here ever done this? Does anyone know of a model airplane version of Sawmill Creek?

Thanks,
Jason

Jim Becker
01-11-2007, 1:09 PM
THe folks at the Academy of Model Aeronautics (http://www.modelaircraft.org/) may be a good place to start.

Derek Rose
01-11-2007, 6:46 PM
I used to build model airplanes as replicas (B17s, P51s) and sell them to collectors or actual pilots. Spent quite a few hours on them.

Mitchell Andrus
01-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Boy, this takes me back.... Balsa and tissue as a kid, 7 foot spruce R/C Piper Cub as a bigger kid.

Practice a bit and go for it. Nothing teaches a kid more than seeing an adult fight his way to success. It builds confidence.

Work out a few basic moves with him so he doesn't get too hurt (like cut AWAY from you) and go away for a few hours.

Al Willits
01-12-2007, 9:05 AM
Read the directions a couple of times, looks like a basic unit and shouldn't be to hard, becareful, next step is RC controled planes and they can be habit forming...and fun..:)

Good to hear you and your son are doing this, make sure he gets to do his share and if things go wrong, consider it a part of the learning curve and try again, each plane I built got a bit better, as I figured out what to and not to do.

Al