PDA

View Full Version : Penn State Industries Shipping

Alex Cam
01-10-2007, 9:24 PM
Is it just me, or does it take them FOREVER to ship orders?

Doug Collins
01-10-2007, 9:35 PM
I've ordered several things from them and haven't had a problem. My Father in Law ordered my Christmas present and it was partially shipped due to a couple things being out of stock. Might call them and see if they had a backorder problem.

Adam Bauer
01-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Last time I ordered from them I got my item within a week. It has been holiday time though so the slowness migh be caused by a rush of holiday and post holiday orders. Plus if sales were high around christmas some things might have gone out of stock and needed to be replenished before they could ship the order.

Rich Stewart
01-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Sometimes they are great. I get my stuff in three days. Sometimes i dont get it and when I call they have NO idea what I'm talking about. But when they do that, it just saves me some money because a lot of my purchaces are impulse buying. Looking in a catalog, "Gee I would like that." Next day, "Why did I get that?" Three weeks later, "I'm glad they dont know what I'm talking about." Hundred bucks worth of crap I didnt't really need. It would suck though if it was stuff I REALLY did need. Seems like everybody has the same stuff. Try someplace else.

Rich

Jim Becker
01-10-2007, 10:10 PM
There is a recent thread in the General Woodworking Forum about this...

Jason Anders
01-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Ordered some stuff from them recently and it didn't take more than a week. One order had a duplicate item I had to return for credit. From talking to a customer service rep I know they were slammed during this holiday from around Thanksgiving until after the New Year. Also they were closed for inventory the last week of December. I think they are just starting to get caught up.

Alex Cam
01-11-2007, 11:43 AM
I sent them a note asking about my order, and here's what I got back:

I checked on your order this morning. We have it in our system, but it has not shipped as of yet. We apologize for the delay in getting it to you but our warehouse is still getting caught up from being closed down the week between Christmas and New Years. I am told your order should ship today and you will receive a tracking number via email once it ships. We expect to be caught up by the end of the week and then orders will again be going out within 1-2 days of them being placed. Thank you for your patience.

So those who thought it was due to the holidays were correct.

Rich Stewart
01-11-2007, 1:46 PM
Crazy time to shut down for inventory. Right at Christmas.

Jim Becker
01-11-2007, 2:25 PM
Crazy time to shut down for inventory. Right at Christmas.

Well...small businesses like that often run on a calendar year for their fiscal year. They can't close out the year properly without the inventory and it's hard to do that accurately without shutting down. They might also have wanted some time with their families... I'm not defending as I don't buy from them much at all, but that could very well be the case.

David Fried
01-11-2007, 6:34 PM
Christmas orders taper off (plummet) about a week before Christmas when guaranteed Christmas delivery ends. Might as well go home or do inventory.

I got Christmas through New Years off for similar reasons.:)