PDA

View Full Version : DeWalt 735 sprockets

James Suzda
01-10-2007, 4:36 PM
I received my new DeWalt 735 sprockets in today’s mail. I had sent an e-mail last week and the new sprockets showed up without any warning or reply from the DeWalt service center. Neat! :)
My first question is should I replace the sprockets now, or wait until one of them breaks? If my blades are sharp and the bed is waxed the boards seem to feed without any major problems. The second question is where do I start? No instructions included with the sprockets.
Jim

Gilbert Vega
01-10-2007, 9:23 PM
Did you receive new bushings and chain(s) as well? I expect to get mine this week as well. Are you going to do the install yourself or take it in to get them replaced?

fRED mCnEILL
01-11-2007, 12:03 AM
Looks like this has been a problem for Dewalt for some time. I had the sprocket fail on my 733 planer. Of course it was on a Saturday so I couldn't get a new one until monday.(Big inconvenience). So I welded it and bought a spare which hasn't been needed.

You would think that they would have corrected this problem by now.

However I have sworn off Dewalt tools. EVERY SINGLE DEWALT TOOL I have bought has failed prematurely. On the drill the battery and the chuck failed(you can't even replace the chuck). On a reciprcating saw the arbour on the motor bent. The technicial was unable to explain to me WHY this would happen.

One GOOD thing I can say about Dewalt tools though is that the YELLOW COLOR IS PRETTY.

Fred Mc.

James Suzda
01-11-2007, 7:19 AM
Hi,
I only received the four sprockets, no chains or bushings, no notes, no replies from the website.
When it comes time to do it, I'll probably try to do it myself.
Jim

Did you receive new bushings and chain(s) as well? I expect to get mine this week as well. Are you going to do the install yourself or take it in to get them replaced?

Larry Crim
01-11-2007, 9:56 AM
Is the problem with the drive sprockets for the rollers or the sprockets for raising and lowering the unit?
Larry

Richard Ferment
01-11-2007, 3:38 PM
Wait untill you need to replace it . It might not need it. The sproket that usualy breaks is the drive.for the rollers. On the left side of the unit is a small bkack box that covers the drive chain You will need special pair of pliars to remove a C clip. Put on new sproket when needed ,replace C clip, reattach chain and your good to go . I have done it. If I can anybody can:)

James Suzda
01-11-2007, 4:20 PM
Thanks for the info! I guess I was thinking about waiting before changing the sprokets. No use in keep trying to fix something until it breaks! :p
Jim

Wait untill you need to replace it . It might not need it. The sproket that usualy breaks is the drive.for the rollers. On the left side of the unit is a small bkack box that covers the drive chain You will need special pair of pliars to remove a C clip. Put on new sproket when needed ,replace C clip, reattach chain and your good to go . I have done it. If I can anybody can:)